Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm having my starboard side filling with id say 40% air every time, the port side has hardly no air in it at all.
    Mentioned it being a problem when boat was in for service and basically got told to just open the valve as it filled...
    So now every time I fill its wait for them to say full, then open the hatch and valve and put your feet on it to push air for 30 seconds then wait another 5 mins to fill it to actually full.
    I have no idea if the front bag is getting air or not just hoping it isn't..

Also the water sensors are crap imo, I have to manually cycle the pumps over and over again until it finally puts water out the side on each bag. Water sensors always throw with plenty of room for more water I would much rather them just fill till the spray out the side. same with draining, have to sit in dead silence and try to listen to the change of sound when they are pumping water or not. If they simply sprayed out the side as well like older boats you can simply see when you are done
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Yeah, this vent kit sounds like the solution... I have to ask though... why did SC go away from this basic setup that works great and adopt all these vent fittings that don't work... and likely have just as much cost wrapped up into them?! Is anyone not having air fill their bags?
    Ya you can even build your own kit for a little cheaper on the wakemakers site. As far as why SC went to these fittings, if I had to guess it is to be able to have "subfloor" ballast. If they had vent hoses on the top of all of their bags then you would have trouble with clearances when using the rear tubs and maybe even problems with the hose getting stuck or pinched as the bag fills.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    I'm having my starboard side filling with id say 40% air every time, the port side has hardly no air in it at all.
    Mentioned it being a problem when boat was in for service and basically got told to just open the valve as it filled...
    So now every time I fill its wait for them to say full, then open the hatch and valve and put your feet on it to push air for 30 seconds then wait another 5 mins to fill it to actually full.
    I have no idea if the front bag is getting air or not just hoping it isn't..

Also the water sensors are crap imo, I have to manually cycle the pumps over and over again until it finally puts water out the side on each bag. Water sensors always throw with plenty of room for more water I would much rather them just fill till the spray out the side. same with draining, have to sit in dead silence and try to listen to the change of sound when they are pumping water or not. If they simply sprayed out the side as well like older boats you can simply see when you are done
    Your comment about the front ballast bag having air in it has also been a concern that I have had. For that matter the subfloor midship bags as well. I am sure they have to be getting air. Why would they be any different from the rear? I periodically hit my fill switch for the front after running for a while until I see water come out the overflows. This is after I have filled it until water comes out from the first time. I figure those stock little vent caps just take a little while to work the air out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Your comment about the front ballast bag having air in it has also been a concern that I have had. For that matter the subfloor midship bags as well. I am sure they have to be getting air. Why would they be any different from the rear? I periodically hit my fill switch for the front after running for a while until I see water come out the overflows. This is after I have filled it until water comes out from the first time. I figure those stock little vent caps just take a little while to work the air out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I have had the same concern as you two. I have been brainstorming a solution for venting the midships like I have done my rears but it will involve putting a hole in the removable floor. The bow I haven't even looked at yet lol Like HFarr I am always topping my bags off throughout the day and making sure they overflow out the side. Then I just turn Autowake back on and let it do it's thing.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Front def gets air in our Supra.

I’ve always vented ballast bags, even in the good old days so it doesn’t bother me to do it today.

I did install air vents on our rears but they didn’t work so I resorted back to manual venting.

As Josh said, it’s normal for me to fill with vents open (front and rear) and then fill for a few more mins after I vent.

I even randomly hit the switches while riding because as the water shifts, air pockets move as well.

Definitely a PIA but I’m used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Im a firm believer that a ballast sac or tank needs passive venting. An impeller pump has enough force to pop a bag. Chit, I even know if an MB that a restricted sac vent caused the sac to pop the deck cap from the hull at the rubrail seam. Im also a fan of having that over the side visual and audible signal that the sac is full, when you see and hear the vent purging.
    I 100% agree with this. Not having venting stock is frustrating but with wake boats.....in for a penny, in for a pound.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I have had the same concern as you two. I have been brainstorming a solution for venting the midships like I have done my rears but it will involve putting a hole in the removable floor. The bow I haven't even looked at yet lol Like HFarr I am always topping my bags off throughout the day and making sure they overflow out the side. Then I just turn Autowake back on and let it do it's thing.
    My 20 Mojo doesn’t have any significant air in the front when filled. If there is any air in the mid ship tank it vents into the bow sack. The bow sack’s stock vent is in the perfect location up high at the nose of the boat. When I see water coming out the port I know the air has vented and the bag is full. It works really well, I would be surprised to find out this setup isn’t used on other models. FWIW I don’t have Autowake, if that has any influence on what set up SC uses for the bow ballast.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Just to update the group, I went the same route as Schlanseay posted about above. This is what WakeMakers recommended as well. Stinks you've got to spend ~$100 extra to get something that should be there already or function as intended, but such is life.

Rear Ballast Vent Kit.jpg
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I have that setup on my bags and not only does it help keep air out on fill but it also drains better. I don't know the science behind why but my bags have never drained as completely as they do now after that upgrade.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Just to update the group, I went the same route as Schlanseay posted about above. This is what WakeMakers recommended as well. Stinks you've got to spend ~$100 extra to get something that should be there already or function as intended, but such is life.

Rear Ballast Vent Kit.jpg
    Is this a kit they sell? I couldn't find it on their website.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190