Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Is this a kit they sell? I couldn't find it on their website.
    I believe they might sell a kit but you can just buy all the parts individually on the wake makers site
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

so you guys are just removing a fitting off the top of the bag, putting a new fitting on the bag, connect the hose, the other end of the hose has a T on it that you splice into the vent hose going out the side of the boat. Where are you putting the check valve? Between the bag and the T?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I posted a parts list and pictures on one of the Supra and Moomba FB pages for this mod. It comes out cheaper than the WakeMakers kit if you piece it together.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

so you guys are just removing a fitting off the top of the bag, putting a new fitting on the bag, connect the hose, the other end of the hose has a T on it that you splice into the vent hose going out the side of the boat. Where are you putting the check valve? Between the bag and the T?
    Put the check valve right before the overflow leaves the hull.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Yes basically. I pulled all of the little air vents out of the bag put solid plugs in place and left one open. Put the quick connect in the open one. Build the hose and splice it into the vent line as you said. The Check Valve goes between the thru hull fitting and the T. At least that is how I did it. Here are a few pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    I have that setup on my bags and not only does it help keep air out on fill but it also drains better. I don't know the science behind why but my bags have never drained as completely as they do now after that upgrade.
    I believe it’s from the vacuum effect from the check valve but 100% agree! I surfed for the first time with the upgraded bags and huge difference!

Is this a kit they sell? I couldn't find it on their website.
    They don't have a kit for our bag/line size, you need to buy a list of parts. I put a picture in my post but I see it's really small.

WakeMAKERS Inline Check Valve Fitting 1" x 2
    WakeMAKERS Hose Barb Tee Fitting 1" x 2
    WakeMAKERS Premium Clear Ballast Hose - 1" x 14ft (I got extra)
    WakeMAKERS DryLOK 1-1/8" Flow-Rite Bag Fitting x 2
    WakeMAKERS Flow Rite 1" & 1-1/8" Barbed Elbow Quick Release Connector W746 x 2
    Stainless Steel Hose Clamp 1" x 14 (I got extra)
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I'm considering doing this upgrade, but had a couple of questions.

1) Has anyone been running this setup for a long time and experienced any issues with pump wear out? I don't think there would be an issue during fill as you are pushing air through the check valve. On drain through, the pumps will be pulling a vacuum (hence why the bags look like raisins) against the check value and perhaps could run into cavitation as the suction pressure drops. Has anyone looked at the specs for the pumps or run into issues? I'd hate to burn out the pumps prematurely.

2) I've updated my '21 to the '22 software which has the autofill feature. When filling to 100%, it will cycle the pumps occasionally to fill back what air may have been remaining during the original fill and I'll see it dumping out the overflow. With this, I would think the benefit of the vent would only be the time between original fill and when the autofill starts to work. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the expertise from the group.
    2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)

@Ironman10

Been building reversible ballast pump systems with a vent line and check valve for 14 years. No pump failures or burned impellers.

As to #2, you are likely correct. Most, if not all of the air, will be purged the initial fill cycle. However, I see no downside to the pump cycling for a short period again, after the initial fill cycle.

Default Air in Ballast Bags - 22 Mojo

Hey all… for those that have installed this kit (or group of parts rather), I assume you had 1” ballast line? I just started installing mine and found that the hose on the port side of the boat is larger than 1”. Starboard side is 1”. Might explain why my vent line was leaking previously where it connected to the through hull vent. Crap…. Apparently SC put larger hose on one side for some unknown reason… either defect or deviation? Now I get to figure out how to deal things up for the weekend since I’ve already but into the hose.

Last edited by uniwarking; 07-08-2022 at 06:48 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost