Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a good safety feature and explanation of the system. The 2 sensors working together is the only way to use the paddlewheel.

From this write up:
    1) GPS only has safety featured so the boat doesn't run away in cruise
    2) Paddlewheel backup is just that - backs up the GPS if signal is lost
    3) The system is not designed to switch dominate input from each other.

Supra is capable of this and with the added cost to add the backup sensor in the Moomba the copy paste code should be included. Just saying SC dropped the ball here and could easily fix with a software update to include "River Mode".

I only have the paddlewheel and thought about updating to GPS but won't for this exact reason. Yes cruise will surge going over waves but adjusting for current while surfing would be a hassle. My wife would not drive for me if that was the case.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    This is a good safety feature and explanation of the system. The 2 sensors working together is the only way to use the paddlewheel.

From this write up:
    1) GPS only has safety featured so the boat doesn't run away in cruise
    2) Paddlewheel backup is just that - backs up the GPS if signal is lost
    3) The system is not designed to switch dominate input from each other.

Supra is capable of this and with the added cost to add the backup sensor in the Moomba the copy paste code should be included. Just saying SC dropped the ball here and could easily fix with a software update to include "River Mode".

I only have the paddlewheel and thought about updating to GPS but won't for this exact reason. Yes cruise will surge going over waves but adjusting for current while surfing would be a hassle. My wife would not drive for me if that was the case.
    Why would you need the GPS operational in order for the paddlewheel to work?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Why would you need the GPS operational in order for the paddlewheel to work?
    I'm not saying you need GPS for the paddlewheel to work.
    I'm saying the paddlewheel only works to keep the speedo working when the GPS doesn't work.

It would be nice to see both inputs at the same time. Then chose the one that works for the situation.

Lake surfing = zero current
    GPS 10.8mph
    Paddlewheel 10.8

River surfing against current
    GPS 12.2mph
    Paddlewheel 10.8mph
    Current 1.4mph

If Moomba new standard is GPS and you can get the paddlewheel triducer back up then adding river mode should be standard also. This is my argument.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If Moomba new standard is GPS and you can get the paddlewheel triducer back up then adding river mode should be standard also. This is my argument.
    I have to agree here. The idea of a river mode certainly isn’t new. If a boat has both a GPS and a paddle wheel you’d think you’d be able to select your speed source. Better yet, the boat looks for variance between the paddle wheel and gps… and the boat knows you’re on a river and what your heading is… and it’s smart enough to adjust accordingly. Six figure boats, basic functionality for river users. Hopefully this is on the horizon….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Supra did away with river mode after 2018. I have it, tried to use it, but was kinda a pain, just adjust speed accordingly. To your point about boats being smart enough to know they are on a river, flow rates change almost daily, no way that would work. But yes, I have asked many many times to be able to select gps or paddlewheel. They program all logic to work with GPS. So if I unplug my puck, all I get is speed, it won't engage cruise control and therefore won't let you activate your surf system or enable auto launch for wakeboarding. It is frustrating at times, but you get used to it and most of the time it is only .2-.5 mph for wakeboarding or surfing.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

You just have to feel what the right speed is. Use The Force!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HolidayMaker View Post
    Zero Off is a GPS speed control based solely on input from satellites and engine management systems. It is based on the speed you are traveling across the surface of the water; therefore, there is no requirement for skier weight, crew weight, XK, PX, or even any kind of wind adjustment. Must-Visit Us: https://www.pilgrimagetour.in/
    The GPS provides speed across the earth (ground speed) so any river current will affect the speed to which your traveling across the water. The paddlewheel would be the device to be used on rivers. On lakes, either one could be used. If you are running a straight line on a river, the differential between the paddlewheel and the GPS would give you the river current speed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

our old tige 22ve had gps and on the fox river in green bay we had to adjust depending on direction. never a big deal. we also noticed that the wave was better downstream than up. not sure why but know there's a TON of physics that would answer the question.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

So confirmed that there is no “River mode” anywhere in the settings or in the development pages. Seems like the only option is to adjust your set speed when turning and heading the opposite direction.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Thanks for checking… that’s what I’d found as well. Hopefully an option to use the paddle wheel (if installed) will be made available eventually. For now, we’ll just do what we can with manual adjustments and feel.

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost