Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    The opposite. I only have paddle wheel. No zero off. It's a 2021.
    Well....nevermind that thought.
    Was thinking the GPS puck had died and cruise was no longer able to be used.
    Still wouldn't explain the plate issue though.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

My dealer sent the videos to skiers choice to see what they think. My paddle wheel still registers speed so it's working. I disconnected batteries for a few hours per dealer recommendation but it didn't do anything.

My dealer has also sent my videos (nearly identical to yours) to Skiers Choice. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Their suggestion at this time (before hearing back from SC) is to reset the computer settings, recalibrate the inclinometer, and double check that the paddle wheel is free and clear (I'm pretty sure it is, because the speedo works). If these dont work, they want me to bring it in so they can perform a system update.
    2021 Moomba Mojo - Lake Buchanan, TX

I just talked to my dealer and he said skiers choice thinks it's a communication problem in the computer and it needs to be brought in. Hopefully what you try works so let me know.

2022 Supra SA identical problem?? Hade to turn GPS off to drive back to docks and then magically after shutting down started working again. Just the other day no throttle same situation and surf tabs stay 100%. Shut down a couple of times with power switch off then restarted, acting normal for now.

Marc

Im having the exact issue with my 21 Kaiyen. I believe its related to the most recent software update.

Could be. Im taking mine into the shop this Thursday. I didn't want to be without the boat during the summer when my wife (teacher) and son are home everyday.

It looks like my dealer was able to fix the issue. Apparently they didn't actually do anything, but took the boat out and played with it. While testing it out, they adjusted the speed of the cruise with the steering column adjuster while cruise was turned on. Apparently this "wakes up" the computer and gets everything synced and working. Their thought was that the touch screen wasnt communicating with whatever control box actually runs the motor, so when I'd turn on cruise without communication, the boat automatically dropped the rpms due to lack of instruction or feedback.

After the dealer had it I've used it for 2 solid weekends and havent had a single problem. Again, the technician said he didnt do anything other than play with it while on the water. No software update, no nothing.

Just to reiterate:

Start boat, turn on cruise, adjust cruise set speed up and down a couple tenths (maybe with steering column toggle, or with screen + or - ), start driving your boat as you normally would.

I dont do this every time I start the boat or every time I'm about to use cruise. I only do it for my first time out each day and so far (probably 20-30 hours) havent had a single issue.

Also, not only did they "figure out" my cruise problem, but South Austin Marine also swapped out what was apparently a bad amp. I had noticed that not all of the interior boat speakers were working, so they dug into it and found out that not all of the channels on the amp were working, so they got me in a new one and now I'm a happy camper!
    Last edited by vansprinkle; 08-01-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Im glad that they figured yours out. Mine is going in either way for other warranty issues on Friday and all the electronic issues.