Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I’m sure a ford/gm ecm is a whole lot cheaper than the 450/575 upgrade

I’m curious why guys don’t go that route.
    I know it’s on my list of options at the time the next boat comes.

I wish you could also get the LT4 from indmar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can do the wire harness to adapt a tuneable ECM, you could make a bunch of $$$$$

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you can do the wire harness to adapt a tuneable ECM, you could make a bunch of $$$$$

There’s all kinds of places I’m sure I could get one for an LS/LT. I know I can for my 409 6.0
    But I’m not too into it with this boat, next for sure.
    I’d prefer the GM engine next go around. But that pretty much takes me away from an indmar supplied brand.
    I’d love to stay with Supra.

I assumed you were talking Raptor engines, my apologies,

You should have no issue adding a Supercharger on a LS6.0, a 1.9l TVS would be great, 6-7 pounds of boost max. Should just need bigger injectors and obviously fueling and timing tables tuned. Curious what GM ECM you have.

You should have a gen3 ECM and all of those are tuneable with HPTuners.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hopefully you can utilize an existing heat exchanger/intercooler from a marine LSA application.

I would go 1.9l vs 2.3l.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

import tuners have been adding sideline ecu's for years and iirc it's how some have gotten around the locked down ecu's of the c8's. would not be hard to figure out the pinouts to add something but I would be highly surprised if there's any real $$ to be had.
    the number of wakeboat owners wanting to add hp I would bet is a very small slice and even smaller when they figure out their indmar warranty is void. easier to reprop it and as long as it can get up on plane, what else do you need out of it?

indmar should offer up the 400 to 440 reflash as an option tho and maybe for anyone who has a boat out of warranty. would be a nice way for someone to get to the 440/450 as an aftermarket, 2nd owner or someone who moved from LA to Denver and wants/needs another few hp/tq. guessing upgrading to the huffer would be a whole different story as I would think there's some internal changes to support the blower?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I assumed you were talking Raptor engines, my apologies,

That was my original thought since they are the most relevant engine it seems these days.
    Next boat, I’d prefer to stay GM, but I know it’s probably not likely.

I do much prefer the 6.0 409 LS over the 6.2 ford engine though.

I won’t mess with this boat. It’s on its way out in 1-3 seasons. Whether it’s 1,2,3 I can’t tell you, that’s the market’s decision lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    import tuners have been adding sideline ecu's for years and iirc it's how some have gotten around the locked down ecu's of the c8's. would not be hard to figure out the pinouts to add something but I would be highly surprised if there's any real $$ to be had.
    the number of wakeboat owners wanting to add hp I would bet is a very small slice and even smaller when they figure out their indmar warranty is void. easier to reprop it and as long as it can get up on plane, what else do you need out of it?

indmar should offer up the 400 to 440 reflash as an option tho and maybe for anyone who has a boat out of warranty. would be a nice way for someone to get to the 440/450 as an aftermarket, 2nd owner or someone who moved from LA to Denver and wants/needs another few hp/tq. guessing upgrading to the huffer would be a whole different story as I would think there's some internal changes to support the blower?
    Idk about the 6.2 ford engine. I know nothing about them really.
    But I am pretty versed in LS/LT.
    I know for sure like Larry said, I can throw 6-7lb at this L96 no problem with no upgrades other than injectors, Maybe not even if indmar made them flow enough in their upgrades.