Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    To me, exterior colors of orange, yellow, or green all are in the same category. All are not that popular.
    true statement. our '06 supra was orange and one dealer had it consigned for 2 months with no activity and said it was color. second dealer took it on a trade and they sat on it for 3 months before selling it below trade and their comment again was color. granted the last couple of years threw all that out the window as everything is selling but bet there are quite a few families out there sitting in those colors wishing they were something else but it's all that was available.

not sure I get the transom selector. most people only surf one side or the other and as the primary driver, I would make it a point to know who rides which side and take care of it at the helm-my up I always made sure it was on the right settings before handing over the wheel. I see a lot of kids messing with this while people are riding and premature wear of tabs/parts. lots of bitching about broken transom remotes on several brands. here's another thing to break imo.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Would be nice if the selector knob was available to the spotter. That way the spotter could communicate with rider and do transfers and allow the driver to drive.

I don’t mind hitting the transfer switch on steering wheel, but it takes coordination with the rider that I am watching in mirror/camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I like the Surf Band from Malibu/Axis for this functionality rather than the transom touch pad kind of situation. It looks like you have to swipe to indicate your side. I haven't had anyone complain about the driver running the surf side except when I forget to switch it back on after restarting due to the stupid software issue that makes the wake plate inoperable if the surf switch is on during the reboot cycle.

I really like that there are very few optional selections on the Supra line.

By the way, we really like our yellow/black boat. makes me feel like Batman!

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Guy on our lake just bought an Orange and Black SL. It's a 2022. Looks really sharp I must say. Even though those colors are not my thing.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Is the transom surf switch part of the stereo transom remote or is it standalone?

if it's part of the stereo setup then cool, just software (it's useless IMO but no added cost or failure modes)

If it's standalone for the sole sake of being a sur side selector it seems to me like useless fluff that's just going to be one more thing to break (hit it with a wakeboard, kids step on it and knock it off, etc) or fail (water intrusion, toushscreen)
    2020 Supra SA

I've been noticing the posts on social media after the 2023 Supra models were released.

Lots of posts on MSRP, not too much on what people are buying them for. I know every dealer is different.
    And WOWZA on that new SE, 575 motor and those other goodies. I get costs and inflation, but dang those must be some good margins on all those options.

The other thing on the used boat side of the world, as the 2023s are popping up, the customers that buy new boats every year are starting to post when their boats will be available: Sept, Oct, Nov, of this year. Funny thing is, not many are listing a price for what they want on a used 2022 boat. I know peeps would rather sell in the fall and build the new one in the spring and not maintain a boat payment over the winter.

Should be interesting to see where the market goes and if there is any change in demand. Dang has the boat-game changed since I bought a used 2018 SL in Aug of 2019.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I've been noticing the posts on social media after the 2023 Supra models were released.

Dang has the boat-game changed since I bought a used 2018 SL in Aug of 2019.
    I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA. We will have this boat until there is enough justification in tech to warrant the change. Even then, highly doubt we will. Can repower, new driveline, new screen, most everything twice for less that price difference to new.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA. We will have this boat until there is enough justification in tech to warrant the change. Even then, highly doubt we will. Can repower, new driveline, new screen, most everything twice for less that price difference to new.
    Very true. You cold completely rebuild your motor (and add hp in the process) and re-upholster everything and still not spend that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Especially a Gen2 with a 1.7 trans.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Especially a Gen2 with a 1.7 trans.

For sure, even then, a new V drive and install is around $5k
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold