Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I am tapped out of Supra now too. But honestly a GEN2 or GEN3 SA is leaving me wanting for nothing.

One bonus with high gas prices is Lake traffic is way down this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gas isn't stopping anyone around us so far, but have a feeling the longer it lasts, the less traffic there will be. A 2020 SA would be awesome some day, could have traded mine in on a used one, but would have had to throw down another $20k or so. No thanks, lol. My 18 has been pretty rock solid other than the V drive, now having the 1.7, no huge reason to upgrade.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Gas isn't stopping anyone around us so far, but have a feeling the longer it lasts, the less traffic there will be. A 2020 SA would be awesome some day, could have traded mine in on a used one, but would have had to throw down another $20k or so. No thanks, lol. My 18 has been pretty rock solid other than the V drive, now having the 1.7, no huge reason to upgrade.
    That 1.7 is the best upgrade available.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I’ve noticed less traffic as well the few times we’ve been out this season. Still fairly crowded but nowhere near 2020 or 2021 amount of boaters.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Idk man, my buddies ‘19 T22 is just that.
    A wake tractor. Nothing more in my opinion lol.
    No frills. At all.

I have looked at Axis, but in my opinion they should be closer to 80k new. At the price range of a new Axis, you might as well just get into a premium boat. I have been waiting for my wife to finish her residency so I have been watching boat prices for the past 4 years or so. I was really looking hard at used G23's. Prior to covid, a 2016-2017 used G23 were 85-100k. That was in 2018-2019. Now three years LATER and those same boats are 100-120k. I know a lot of that has to do with supply/demand and covid pricing, but my whole frustration is it feels like there has been more than just those outside factors causing price increases. New prices have jumped and used boats got a huge inflation and in a lot of cases are selling for more than they were bought for. I know its a free market and people can sell for whatever there boat commands, but I just think it is crazy that a depreciating asset for years becomes an apprcieting asset overnight. Again, its a free market and more power to them, but how long can these prices continue to rise? We have already had a couple people say they are priced out.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    but I just think it is crazy that a depreciating asset for years becomes an apprcieting asset overnight. Again, its a free market and more power to them, but how long can these prices continue to rise? We have already had a couple people say they are priced out.
    it's happening everywhere. we sold our chevy silverado in december for more than I paid for it 1 year old in 2017. the colorado I bought to replace it was priced right at msrp for a 5 year old truck with 36k on the clock. I did the quick math before finalizing and had we done the deal 2 years earlier before all the nonsense the actual out of pocket cash would have been very similar. if you are trying to get into the market as a first time, it's stupid expensive. if you're selling to upgrade, not quite as painful as you are going to net more at trade in on your current whip.
    been tempted a couple times to sell the '17 kawi z650. I got a steal on it as a 2 year old leftover in '19 and I could sell today for 2k more than I paid for it. I want a bigger ride and pricing for them is crazy but looking at actual out of pocket to do it, it's not bad.

go back to covid 2020 and all the free money they gave away to both individuals and companies drove a lot of this as well. there's also dealer greed. the tige I bought in 2020 caused a little ruckus when a couple closer "local" dealers found out what I paid from a dealer 1500 miles away. there was almost 15k difference between dealers.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

An observation…….

I Bought a NEW leftover stock 2003 Honda Aquatrax R12x (MSRP $10k) in 2005 for $6900 with a trailer out the door.

Rode it for 6 years and sold it to one of my friends in 2011 for $4600.

He rode it for 10 years and sold it summer 2021 for $8200.

18 year old PWC sold for more than I paid new. CRAZY!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default 2023 Supra Models

I have a feeling access to capital may become a factor in demand.
    Not so easy to get a heloc or refinance homes with the rates they are.
    I’ve never financed a boat, so I’m not exactly sure, but I believe these are the most common forms of financing for them? At least In regards to the new market.

Just checked my credit union, still 3.99 for up to 20 years.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just checked my credit union, still 3.99 for up to 20 years.

Wow. Will they do a house for that rate?! 20 year homea are in the 5+ range most places

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Wow. Will they do a house for that rate?! 20 year homea are in the 5+ range most places

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    No, rates are in the 5’s for mortgage and 6-8% on HELO’s

But still low on boats

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan