Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wow. At that rate Supra will be overpriced just like Nautique and MC.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

They are overpriced IMHO. I wish one of the big companies would make a budget boat without all the fancy electronics. I just want a nice wake machine. Heck, Axis and Moomba are well over 100k now. Even Heydays are over 100k. Seems like the rising prices at the top just kept dragging the lower end brands up in price. Hard to even find a deal on a used boat right now. The past year or two, they have all been priced over what the original owners paid. I can't see how people keep dishing out the money for these boats. When you start approaching 200-300k what average person has that kind of money to throw at a wake boat? It is baffling to me, but the demand seems just as high as ever.

Mind is blown that in 2018 a well equipped SA could be had for $100k with dealer discount and potentially a 2023 SA would be $230k with dealer discount……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I’m not seeing over 200k quotes for 2023 SA or SL from my dealer. What specs are y’all seeing these builds at? Even if I opt for 450 engine, thrusters, etc the build is not that high, at least in my area.

I agree with everyone these prices are absurd and hard to swallow, especially when you look at just a few years ago how steep the price has climbed. Weigh that against the latest tech or do-dads and it’s really hard to swallow in some cases. I’ve been weighing out an upgrade and would likely go SL over SA but I just don’t know if the cost over my Max is really going to be worth the squeeze when I only use the boat every other week or so at our current boat usage rate. That being said love the new Supra boats!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

@haknslash Are you pricing the 2023? I think there is a big price increase coming that hasn’t been applied to the online builder yet. Or, have you priced 2023’s with your dealer?

I spec’d an SL400 2022 and it was 182,000 before dealer discount. Add a 450/550 and thruster and you are at or over 200k. That is a 2022, prices are jumping up for 2023.

[QUOTE=haknslash;379710]I’m not seeing over 200k quotes for 2023 SA or SL from my dealer. What specs are y’all seeing these builds at? Even if I opt for 450 engine, thrusters, etc the build is not that high, at least in my area.

I agree with everyone these prices are absurd and hard to swallow, especially when you look at just a few years ago how steep the price has climbed. Weigh that against the latest tech or do-dads and it’s really hard to swallow in some cases. I’ve been weighing out an upgrade and would likely go SL over SA but I just don’t know if the cost over my Max is really going to be worth the squeeze when I only use the boat every other week or so at our current boat usage rate. That being said love the new Supra boats![/QUOTE
    A lot of it has to do with options

We had 70k just in options over the standard price. You start adding thrusters, 550, and trailer options it adds up pretty quick.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Ya the new prices are a real bummer. Does anyone think that these MSRPs will hold long term?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya the new prices are a real bummer. Does anyone think that these MSRPs will hold long term?
    You will never see MSRP’s drop, as we enter a recession, and interest rates continue to increase and buying power drop, discounts off MSRP will return.

But you will never see a 2025 MSRP be less than a 2024 MSRP

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default 2023 Supra Models

2022 SA pretty easy to get above 200k, add 15% price hike and it’s in the $230k’s

A 230% price increase in 5 years.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-22-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I had to look up the equation, but 230% seemed off. It’s 130% increase. But still just mind blowing that the prices have increased so much. Prior to Covid I complained about increases and now they are just getting worse.

I truly blame walesurfing as it has just exploded in participation. And, because of the low impact and relatively low learning curve compared to other water sports, it has brought with it a older crowd with better credit and deeper pockets. That’s not supposed to be a dog at wakesurfing, just my rationale on what is driving up prices. Also, the supply chain issues and inflation.