Thread: Sticker Shock

Default Sticker Shock

Was perusing websites and saw a Moomba Makai listed at 143,400. Blew me away. I guess maybe you could get a discount on that, but I think discounts are tight right now. It just shocks me at how much the boats are these days. I guess demand is still high. I wonder if interest rate increases will slow demand at all.

Is anyone seeing discounts? I have to believe these aren't selling at MSRP but with such little inventory it makes me wonder what people are actually paying right now.

Our 2022 Mojo is in build process now, we are receiving a 9K dealer discount on a 113k boat

Yep, I stopped by the local dealer and he was telling me about the number of reservations for Supra build slots already getting taken on 23 models.

That’s w/o knowing what the 23 price increase will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Sticker Shock

I would expect another record price increase if it’s anything like Automotive.

We are sending OEM’s 13% price hikes and I think we are on the low end of the auto industry.

This is permenant inflation.

It would be one thing if it was isolated to toys like boats, but combine with that the significant pay cut we ALL realize with inflation, gas prices, stock market and economy, this sport is becoming a luxury.

Remember high gas prices are on the green agenda and I quote.

"Here’s the situation. And when it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," Biden said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-26-2022 at 03:13 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Where is all the increased demand for wakeboats coming from? The COVID pandemic? To me, it seems like prices and demand were increasing prior to the pandemic. I personally think the boom in wakesurfing is really drawing a lot of people that didn’t have much interest in skiing/wakeboarding.

It’s good to hear some dealers are still giving discounts. I saw a couple SE on only inboards for well over 200k. That’s a heck of a price tag.

I got a 2022 Makai for 5k less than sticker this month.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade