Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $650 for 20hr warranty check?

do all moomba dealers charge 650 for the "mandatory 20hr check" ? seems like a rebate scheme, where they count on people missing it or not wanting to pay as a means to get out of warranty coverage.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

That's about what I paid for it. With the allowance from Indmar, which saved me a ton of driving, I did my own winterization this last fall and had probably $180-200 in just oil and filters not including any labor. Synthetic oil adds up fast. So $650 isn't great but if they are checking everything they are suppose to be doing at roughly $150/hr labor it kind of make sense.
    2021 Makai

seems a tad high but if you are in the boise area, that's par for the course with tyrell. good shop but spensive for work.

I would think magnuson moss act would keep skiers from denying warranty work as long as you have proof of work done and at 20hrs. oil change and shaft alignment are the 2 biggies. keep in mind that not having dealer do work will likely net you last in line when something does come up tho.

we owned 2 new boats, 1 from prestige and 1 from heinens and we never did 20hr work. your boat tho.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

$650 to have some teenager climb around in your boat with dirty shoes and greasy hands trying to locate the oil filter....no thanks. No such thing as “mandatory service”…that statement is a scam.

Anyway, I am half joking. I just don’t like anyone working on my boat (unless no choice with a warranty situation).

I realize not everyone is mechanical enough to do simple service work. Charging $650 to do that is unethical.
    2021 Moomba Max

ours was "thrown in" when we bought the boat. I'm sure we paid for it somehow
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    seems a tad high but if you are in the boise area, that's par for the course with tyrell. good shop but spensive for work.

I would think magnuson moss act would keep skiers from denying warranty work as long as you have proof of work done and at 20hrs. oil change and shaft alignment are the 2 biggies. keep in mind that not having dealer do work will likely net you last in line when something does come up tho.

we owned 2 new boats, 1 from prestige and 1 from heinens and we never did 20hr work. your boat tho.....
    yeah, i dealt a bit with MM act when i did car audio installs for 7 years. dealers always look for excuse not to cover it. I hate to pay for stuff im capable of doing, but i would also kick myself if something happened and wasnt covered on a brand new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    $650 to have some teenager climb around in your boat with dirty shoes and greasy hands trying to locate the oil filter....no thanks. No such thing as “mandatory service”…that statement is a scam.

Anyway, I am half joking. I just don’t like anyone working on my boat (unless no choice with a warranty situation).

I realize not everyone is mechanical enough to do simple service work. Charging $650 to do that is unethical.
    totally agree, i plan on doing all other maintenance, i was told this was just some sort of break-in check, so i assumed it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    ours was "thrown in" when we bought the boat. I'm sure we paid for it somehow
    im sure you did... im sure i did too hahaha, $4500 dealer charge seemed excessive.

My 100 hour service was $1100 but i paid the remote fee to have them come to my house and do it. Saved me 4 hours of driving and all day sitting at a dealer.

I think it's worth having the dealer do the 20 hr service even if you have to fork over a chunk of gas money.

They do all the shaft / motor alignment checks after the initial break in hours which I'm sure will be looked upon favorably if any warranty claims arise in the future.
    2020 Kaiyen

I paid $415.00

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub