Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2021 Mojo bow speaker install

When I bought the boat, I got the package with the tower Rev 10s and 4 speakers cabin speakers. I now want to install some bow speakers. Are there speakers wires ran for both sides of the bow? I dug around and found some available for port side, but couldn't find on the starboard. I did also notice there are 2 opening on the back of the head unit...do they need to be plugged in there?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by DaRiddler324; 06-13-2022 at 11:45 AM.

You cannot effectively power 6 speakers with the head unit's internal amplifier. You would need at least 2 external amplifier chnls. If the boat does not have an external amplifier for the existing 4 cabin speakers, I would suggest a 4 or 6 channel amp and relocate all the speakers to the new amp.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You cannot effectively power 6 speakers with the head unit's internal amplifier. You would need at least 2 external amplifier chnls. If the boat does not have an external amplifier for the existing 4 cabin speakers, I would suggest a 4 or 6 channel amp and relocate all the speakers to the new amp.
    Appreciate the info...have an amp that you recommend? Not looking to go top of the line but want something that is solid quality. I will likely never have a sub and don't need the loudest boat on the lake

Kicker KXMA500.4 is a solid amp.

Anyone know if speaker wires are already in place in the bow?

My 2015 had speaker wires pre-ran. However, the white clips behind the radio and by the amp rack was not connected. By the correct size hole saw and it is a simple install.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Kicker KXMA500.4 is a solid amp.
    i second this... kicker is solid.

i would run the 4 main off an amp and just run the bow off the head unit if you are on a budget... or find a way to put 4 in the bow and run 8 off of a 4ch amp.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

I have a 4ch amp running 6 speakers (cabin left 2 are in parallel and cabin right 2 in parallel) amp is 2 ohm stable gain is adjusted to only 50-60%. Other 2 channels are the bow speakers and the gain is at 80% to equal the same volume.
    Towers are ran off another amp and set to zone 2.
    Sub is the kicker 200x2 bridged at 2ohm to a 12" sub in sealed box under helm.

System hits hard and is plenty loud. No distortion at full volume and not over powering anything.

Being on a budget, get a 5 or 6 channel amp...run cabins and sub off of that and bow to the deck.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

i would run the 4 main off an amp and just run the bow off the head unit if you are on a budget.
    No need to have any speakers remain on head unit with this, or any, 4 chnl amp. All the speakers will get 65W rms or more. Thats thats 3X what a typically head unit will supply.

Appreciate the information...time to buy an amp
    Last edited by DaRiddler324; 06-15-2022 at 03:57 PM.