Default New Makai ski rope hanging up

hello everyone,

So we just got our new 2022 Makai and its awesome, we love the boat, feel they did a great job with it! This is our first V drive style boat, we came from a 2003 supra launch. Anyways when pulling people and circling back to pick up the rider the rope is constantly getting hung up on the board racks and if not there it winds up getting stuck on the rear hatches at the back? It seems to me maybe if there was a 12 or 24 inch rear additional Bimini option that would keep the rope from dangling and getting stuck as much on the board racks..

I am guessing i am not the only one running into this issue? anybody else find a way around this?

Mike

If talking surfing, have someone pull the rope in then toss back out. Wakeboarding, make wider turns going to pick up the down rider. Unfortunately this happens on pretty much all boats with board racks at some point or another.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Happens everytime when picking up wakeboards on my mojo and don't expect anyone else to get up and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Happens everytime when picking up wakeboards on my mojo and don't expect anyone else to get up and get it.
    OMG! You just hit one of my personal pet peeves! It took me about two summers to train my kids, and wife just a little bit, to finally realize I can't drive the freaking boat, and tend the ropes, and get the boards in and out of the racks, and get you your life jacket out from under the seat. Oh and find your favorite song! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I have this happen on my Mondo too. I've found it to be more user error than design flaw. I just have to widen out the turns when picking up a rider.
    2022 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    OMG! You just hit one of my personal pet peeves! It took me about two summers to train my kids, and wife just a little bit, to finally realize I can't drive the freaking boat, and tend the ropes, and get the boards in and out of the racks, and get you your life jacket out from under the seat. Oh and find your favorite song! LOL!

I learned quick that it's a full-time job if it's a full crew on the boat. Driving, rope tending, tube blow-up'ing, anchoring, etc. etc.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

LOL! I forgot about tubes! Yep. I can remember the first time I got my kids and their friends to blow up the tubes. I said if yall want to ride them, come get me after you blow them up. You would have thought I just cussed everyone out!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub