Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast sensor fault

Yesterday when I went to surf my brother was driving and he said the boat showed a ballast sensor fault. After I got back in the boat I noticed the go home was on as well as autowake. Would this make this happen or do you think it is something else? At that point I just let it finish draining and then started back to the dock. I never saw it come on again but I never filled any ballast again. Not sure how go home got turned on unless my brother turned it on by accident.

2019 Moomba Mojo
    Tow Rig 2019 Ford F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1110 View Post
    Yesterday when I went to surf my brother was driving and he said the boat showed a ballast sensor fault. After I got back in the boat I noticed the go home was on as well as autowake. Would this make this happen or do you think it is something else? At that point I just let it finish draining and then started back to the dock. I never saw it come on again but I never filled any ballast again. Not sure how go home got turned on unless my brother turned it on by accident.
    I had this fault my first week with my boat and it was just a bad sensor. IIRC back then the dealer said they had an issue with some of the sensors. It never caused Go Home to come on though. Odds are when your brother tapped the screen to make the message go away he turned it on autowake and that was the last setting that was used. (that is assuming you have the 7" screen)
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

before I went to surf I tested the wave and got it all set up and didn't get this fault. it wasn't till I was in the water and he was about to go that it came up. maybe after he turned on autowake. That's why I was wondering if by chance it did it because both were on at the same time and started to confuse the computer or something.

2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1110 View Post
    before I went to surf I tested the wave and got it all set up and didn't get this fault. it wasn't till I was in the water and he was about to go that it came up. maybe after he turned on autowake. That's why I was wondering if by chance it did it because both were on at the same time and started to confuse the computer or something.
    Not sure whether that would confuse the computer or not but IIRC Autowake being on did not make a difference on mine as I always fill my ballast 100% and then turn Autowake on and I would get it while filling as well. It is not going to ruin your day meaning you can just cycle your pump and fill the bag all the way up if it is cutting off before full but it can be frustrating when it is popping up.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Gotcha. If I remember right I had already filled the bags as we were going into the cove we were surfing in. I will pay more attention this weekend and see if it does it again.

2019 Moomba Mojo

New 2023 Mojo owner here! We are trying to learn and to enjoy surfing with our new boat but the starboard Ballast sensor fault keeps popping up, which makes it hard to make adjustments and learn the boat. We aren't running Autowake yet just filling Ballast full visually as we are coming from an older boat and is what we are used to doing til we trust the system. On the screen is Ballast fill level based on the timer or is it based off the Ballast sensor? Do I have air in the system or something similar or do I need a new sensor?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

On my 2021, I figure the percentages shown on the first screen are proportional to the timers. They do not indicate how full of water or air the bags actually are. The software is supposed to learn after 5 drain/fills and automatically adjust the timers from that point on to get closer to your actual required drain/fill times and thus making the percentages shown more accurate.

I don’t know all of this for certain. Anyone feel free to correct me. There are other factors as well; bags not venting well, bags folded over and not filling symmetrically, software version, etc.

I have never seen a ballast sensor fault. Where does it show up and how is it indicated?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

At surf speed, the screen goes black and says "starboard Ballast sensor fault." You can clear the fault message to get back to the previous screen but a short while later it pops up again.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I have never seen or heard of that one specifically. If no one replies, I would take it in to the dealer.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

That's a new one on me too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub