Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mojo Audio

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    From what ive seen, the current woofer setup, is a ported enclosure with the Revo-10HP, under the helm. There is a vent. This may not be the setup on all Moomba models, just what ive seen on some.

If placing a woofer in the port locker, I highly suggest installing a vent, just for the scenario Tommy experienced.

Yes, that locker is large enough to support an IB woofer. However, If the cavity is vented, then you can get some phase cancelation with the output off the rear of the woofer coming through the vent and mixing with the output off the front. This is exactly why the Kicker KM10 woofer Moomba got all the undeserved criticism. The wall was not a complete wall and was open at the top. Also didnt help that is was not an IB woofer, but one intended for a small enclosure.

Bottom line, design and application will get you more mileage then any brand label will.
    just build in a "wake sub" like the $350k paragons have haha
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Coming from a 2020 free air to a 2021 with the new box, the 2021 sounds much better and hits a lot harder. Not sure what version of sub is in the current one.
    This difference would also be noticed if you went from a sealed enclosure to a ported. The port is equivalent to extra cone area. Also, I believe the previous Revo-10FA was bridged on an HTX-6 for up to 300W rms where as the new HP is bridged on a Syn-DX6 for 600W rms potential.

Holdmybeer's boat is the example I noted earlier. Wrong woofer poorly installed. Could have kept the same woofer and built a proper sealed enclosure and have a 10X sounding setup.

Default 2022 Mojo Audio

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    This difference would also be noticed if you went from a sealed enclosure to a ported. The port is equivalent to extra cone area. Also, I believe the previous Revo-10FA was bridged on an HTX-6 for up to 300W rms where as the new HP is bridged on a Syn-DX6 for 600W rms potential.

Holdmybeer's boat is the example I noted earlier. Wrong woofer poorly installed. Could have kept the same woofer and built a proper sealed enclosure and have a 10X sounding setup.
    I think the amps stayed the same on ours but we only added the sub and bow speakers for the option vs the premium package which I think included the SYN series amps and something else. I can verify what's in it tonight to help him out and report back.

I personally liked the free air sub better as I kept my 3 BABs aired up in that locker, now the box eats up that space.

Edit: found a bad pic of the amps that Mike might be able to identify what they are.

And pic of factory box for what it’s worth

Last edited by RUGER761; 06-14-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    2021 Makai

Those are the Syn-DX amps. I cant remember what year Moomba switched from the HTX to Syn-DX, but they didnt run the HTX series for too long.

With dual batteries, do you connect the amp directly to the battery or somewhere on the battery switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Mojo