Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm pretty sure there was the event on Fuel TV last night (06/27).

Do not watch much TV in the summer and not even sure I have channel - doubt it b/c it sounds like something I would watch.
    2018 Supra SL400

Well that sucks it’s not on-site this year

They stopped by our local state park last year and there was a good turnout of families at the park getting exposure to the boats and wakesports. It wasn’t just families of riders. Also had hospitality tents for the local boat dealer which allowed for meet and greets of customers and likeminded folks. I had a good time and got some decent action shots of the pro’s doing their thing. I don’t watch TV these days much at all so doubt I will tune in or even have that channel with my luck.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    On that topic of Sales - agree the boat makers do not have to spend add'l dollars for promotions when they have sellouts of backlogs.

But a general question - who would sell more boats? For example - something like Wake9 promoting Social Media Videos vs a Pro-Athlete that either wakeboards or surfs?
    just my .02 but for us and most that I have ever boated with, "pro" surfers/boarders don't mean anything and the monies being spent are lost on most I have ever ran into. wake9 websites have garnered some interest from us but never to the point that we are going to spend monies on something.
    events like the polar bear/southern surffest and tommys boats demo days who brought a half dozen centurions to mead 2 years ago for demos likely drive more sales than any of the pwt or surf stops. nothing needs to be done now but give it a few more years of the insane price hikes and interest rates. the market will change.

hack mentions the stop near him. I also suspect that different regions of the US garner different results. supra might have a big turnout near knoxville as close to home and lakes have good viewing. come to mead where they have no presence and a VERY tough lake to view and turnout will likely be much weaker.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ah yea location could certainly play a role in what kind of people would attend these things. Didn’t think about that aspect but it’s a great point. Agree also that I don’t really care what the pro’s do or which brand of boat they’re with. Silveira switching to Centurion wasn’t a deal breaker for SC sales so I think it really doesn’t impact much folks in terms of boat sales generated by pro’s endorsement. I mean I like his riding style and all but it doesn’t mean I’m going to get the same level if I just go out and buy an Ri230 . That and the fact I couldn’t get into Centurion even if I wanted to since they have nearly zero dealer network in Alabama.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-28-2022 at 04:40 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

https://youtu.be/3nta3n1oxGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk