Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2022 pro wake tour

Well, I started this thread in the wakeboarding forum and didn’t get any replies. First tour stop is June 27. The website has an 11 day countdown, is that when they will release the locations. You would think the locations would have been released already so people can start making travel plans. I want to try and go if there is one within driving distance. Anyone have any details? Thanks

thanks bigs, I will try that

Social media was asking the same question
    2018 Supra SL400

Ya this seems like poor marketing in the sense that you are only giving people 7 days to figure out where it is and make plans to go. Sounds like they don't have locations nailed down.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Social media was asking the same question
    I posted the same question on their FB page! Really would like to go to one. I sent an email to the email bigs28 posted but no reply yet.

I received a response from the email. It appears this year the 4 stops are made for TV only. They will air on fuel TV. Pretty big bummer if you ask me. I was looking forward to where the events were going to be held to try and attend one.

guessing with the uncertainty of covid-not that anyone cares about that anymore-and the costs of setting up the dog and pony show that go along with it, makes sense...

we went to one of the surf events back in '14'ish in minnesnota and I would comfortably say that 95% of the spectators were either vendors/reps "forced" to be there for their company or family of a rider. there were maybe 20 or 30 that were not in the categories above. not really worth the costs for companies to set up the show imo as I'd be surprised if more than a few grand changed hands during the event.

nautty and mastercrap had boats there. I would bet I saw maybe 5 people tour them the half day we were there. guess is not worth the price of gas to tow a factory boat there and boat inventories today would make it hard to get anything there.

lets face it. right now most boat companies don't need to do anything like this to sell. give it a few years and makeup might change if the economy/interest rates change the landscape.
    Last edited by sandm; 06-28-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    I posted the same question on their FB page! Really would like to go to one. I sent an email to the email bigs28 posted but no reply yet.
    I agree. The events are great. Never been to a PWT event, but BU had some events in the past at their factory and MC also did some events (long ago) in Ktown.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lets face it. right now most boat companies don't need to do anything like this to sell. give it a few years and makeup might change if the economy/interest rates change the landscape.
    On that topic of Sales - agree the boat makers do not have to spend add'l dollars for promotions when they have sellouts of backlogs.

But a general question - who would sell more boats? For example - something like Wake9 promoting Social Media Videos vs a Pro-Athlete that either wakeboards or surfs?
    2018 Supra SL400