Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question for a Friends Nautique

I figured I would post this on here since we all enjoy helping each other even though the boat is not an SC product. So our neighbor at the lake house has a 2015 G21, he pulled it out yesterday to take his girls surfing and he said it ran fine for a few mins but then it started surging and died. He got it started again but noticed the boat was idling at about 2,000 RPM and when in gear would not go over 5mph so was basically in a limp mode. He got it back on his lift shut it down and fired it back up and it threw the following code:

DTC 1155: Closed-Loop Gasoline Bank1 High

I looked it up and it appears that it is a faulty O2 sensor.....is that correct? If so will just replacing the sensor fix his issue?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

It means bank 1 sensor is out of limits, but does not necessarily mean the sensor has failed.

Might be a good start to replace it. Possibly bad gas or something in the gas too. I would think if it had low fuel pressure it would throw a code, but maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

O2 sensor is the correct path, if there isn't other issues.
    As MLA said this isn't a bad sensor fault this is a lean code for the engine. Air gets in from vacuum leak, loose spark plug, head gasket, intake gasket.... the ecm sees the lean condition and throws gas at it to compensate. It only can give so much fuel until it is out if range.

Bad gas could do this, too much fogging oil, broken wire, water in the sensor, could all cause the O2 to fail.
    Pulling a spark plug and checking color would help show if the problem is engine related.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I appreciate all of yall's input. I think we might just try to replace an O2 sensor and see what happens. Anything beyond that it seems like he will have to pull it and haul 2.5 hours to the dealer. Anyone know if this is pointing at a specific O2 sensor?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Bank 1 is before catalytic converter. These set your air/fuel ratio.
    Have him check the wiring for damage. More than likely there is rub thru or with the winter Texas had, water in the gas, sensor, etc. causing the issue.

Fyi....that code doesn't give a side so you have a 50-50 shot of picking the right 1 if there is no external damage.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Okay I will check out the wiring and see if anything stands out. I guess I should add that the boat has already been out at least 2 dozen times this year if not more.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

memory is a little foggy now and not sure which engine nautty uses but didn't skiers choice have issues with o2 sensors around that same year on a LOT of boats? seems I recall reading on here some that were having to replace 02 or exhaust mainfolds due to some bad parts from the factory.
    maybe similar issue.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

His has a PCM ZR409.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Okay I will check out the wiring and see if anything stands out. I guess I should add that the boat has already been out at least 2 dozen times this year if not more.
    This is good news that the rest of the engine might be good and nothing major.
    Not sure about the Nauttys but the port side on most v-drives tje O2 hangs out and could be making contact with something.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow