Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    I highly doubt its your issue but have you mentioned for them to upgrade you to the 22 software? They didn't do mine I guess you have to ask
    i asked them to update the software and it was done when they de-winterized the boat...
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

**UPDATE**

After the most recent starting issue back on the 19th, dealer asked that I bring the boat back to the shop. Of course to do that, I had to get the boat to start in order to get it on the trailer. Went down to the boat on the 24th to see if I could get it to start. After multiple attempts and checks, still couldn't get the engine to crank. At this point I was ready to start the boat by using a screwdriver on the starter/solenoid. To be able to see and reach the starter, this required me to get down in the starboard side rear locker and remove two of the panels. After locating the starter and figuring out my plan, I go back to the helm and turn the key to start just for grins. Engine starts! I let it run for a minute, turn it off, then attempt to start again, but engine doesn't crank.

The engine started, so I must've touched/done something. I go back in the rear locker again and have a look. I checked the connections to the starter/solenoid, all good and tight. Then I check a few of the wire harness connectors in the area by pushing them together to make sure they're tight. Go back to the helm, turn the key and the engine cranks! Shut it off, turn the key again and engine cranks.

At this point I believe I've found the issue and call the dealer to let them know my findings. I take it to the dealer, we get in the boat while on the trailer, he tries to start it, engine won't crank! He, opens the access door under the rear seat and does the same hand tightening I did of the connectors/harness. Attempts to start the boat and it cranks! Dealer replaces the harness thought to be the cause, attempts to start the boat, engine won't crank. They put the original harness back on, engine cranks.

Now their lead tech is officially stumped. Dealer contacts Skiers Choice for assistance and they recommend going through a list of checks and tests to rule out mechanical issues. All tests pass. So this is now an electrical issue. Problem now is, they can't get the boat to NOT start so attempting to troubleshoot is pointless at this point. They are now bringing the boat back out to do a water test in order to see if they can reproduce the starting issue. If not, then I get the boat back with the knowledge that the issue may or not be resolved. And the only advice they can really offer is to not turn the boat off until I get it back to my slip. Really hoping the water test goes well and all is good OR the starting issue returns during the water test which would allow them to actively troubleshoot.

Will provide another update soon....
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Oh man that is so frustrating to hear. I wish i had some insight for you but hang in there, hopefully they can get it figured out.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Just an observation....how does a brand new harness cause a no crank issue, but a "faulty" harness is cranking everytime now.

Soft set connectors are a large issue in the auto market. A loose pin in the connector sucks to troubleshoot.

Are these boats now canbus? If so, a simple pinched wire would cause issues.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by arsnlgunnr View Post
    **UPDATE**

After the most recent starting issue back on the 19th....
    Thanks for posting all your findings with this. I would be frustrated as all heck but it really helps to log it like you have so everyone else benefits.

Again, thanks.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods