Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

I also took this one of it deflated at the bulkhead where it goes through showing that mine doesn’t go “end to end”

Also for those that didn’t know (like me) there is a diagram on the bottom of the bag indicating the location of where it goes. I just happened to get lucky as I didn’t look for this when installing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I also took this one of it deflated at the bulkhead where it goes through showing that mine doesn’t go “end to end”

Also for those that didn’t know (like me) there is a diagram on the bottom of the bag indicating the location of where it goes. I just happened to get lucky as I didn’t look for this when installing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. That's almost exactly what mine look like sitting in there too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Yep. That's almost exactly what mine look like sitting in there too.

Ditto

Just need to add the venting now.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

If it’s that close to the bulkhead then I think they’re correct. My first bags were much, much shorter.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    If it’s that close to the bulkhead then I think they’re correct. My first bags were much, much shorter.
    Ya in that photo the back of the bag was touching the rear wall as well.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Both of these comments and your pics are making me feel better now. I take back all the bad things I was thinking about WM now! LOL! But hey when you can actually measure a 6" difference in length on the stock vs new......makes you start wondering what's up.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Both of these comments and your pics are making me feel better now. I take back all the bad things I was thinking about WM now! LOL! But hey when you can actually measure a 6" difference in length on the stock vs new......makes you start wondering what's up.

Your post made me start to wonder if I had the right ones LOL Hak has had both so his comment makes me feel better. I didn't compare bags when I replaced them I just did the swap, saw a huge difference in my wave and I was happy with that.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I wished I had measured my short WM bags to compare to stock before I sold them. Would be curious just how short mine were. It was by a lot I know that because I was concerned the connectors on the rear of the bag would wear or rip over time from the stress of having to be stretched just to connect to the mid ship bags. Thankfully I never ran those bags and were given replacements by WM that now fit as they should. The rear lockers of the Makai and the Max aren’t exactly the same it seems so it is strange they made a “one size fits both boats” bag. Based off y’all’s locker and filled bag pics it looks like WM left some meat on the bone with the Makai because there appears to be more room they could have used up in the upper “notch” shape of the bags. Just going by pics of course and maybe looks different in person. In the end if the wave looks killer and rides good now that’s what really matters I suppose. Just make sure the bag doesn’t move front to back a lot when filled and I think you’re good.

I will say go ahead and plan for strengthening your engine panels if you haven’t already because mine will pop in now that they’ve been pressed on a lot over time. Going to add some metal channel stock to beef them up. The port side is more of a concern when it collapses because of the oil dip stick can take some of the bag resting on it which isn’t good of course.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I wished I had measured my short WM bags to compare to stock before I sold them. Would be curious just how short mine were. It was by a lot I know that because I was concerned the connectors on the rear of the bag would wear or rip over time from the stress of having to be stretched just to connect to the mid ship bags. Thankfully I never ran those bags and were given replacements by WM that now fit as they should. The rear lockers of the Makai and the Max aren’t exactly the same it seems so it is strange they made a “one size fits both boats” bag. Based off y’all’s locker and filled bag pics it looks like WM left some meat on the bone with the Makai because there appears to be more room they could have used up in the upper “notch” shape of the bags. Just going by pics of course and maybe looks different in person. In the end if the wave looks killer and rides good now that’s what really matters I suppose. Just make sure the bag doesn’t move front to back a lot when filled and I think you’re good.

I will say go ahead and plan for strengthening your engine panels if you haven’t already because mine will pop in now that they’ve been pressed on a lot over time. Going to add some metal channel stock to beef them up. The port side is more of a concern when it collapses because of the oil dip stick can take some of the bag resting on it which isn’t good of course.
    I used 1/2" Channel on mine. My port STILL popped out on me, but I didn't put the screws back in the bottom. I will this time out.

2021 Moomba Makai

I really have to say the way SC made those panel systems is not a very sturdy design. And honestly the hdpe panels are not the best material choice for rigidity either. That stuff gets soft and more flexible as the engine starts to heat it up.

2021 Moomba Makai