Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
I wished I had measured my short WM bags to compare to stock before I sold them. Would be curious just how short mine were. It was by a lot I know that because I was concerned the connectors on the rear of the bag would wear or rip over time from the stress of having to be stretched just to connect to the mid ship bags. Thankfully I never ran those bags and were given replacements by WM that now fit as they should. The rear lockers of the Makai and the Max aren’t exactly the same it seems so it is strange they made a “one size fits both boats” bag. Based off y’all’s locker and filled bag pics it looks like WM left some meat on the bone with the Makai because there appears to be more room they could have used up in the upper “notch” shape of the bags. Just going by pics of course and maybe looks different in person. In the end if the wave looks killer and rides good now that’s what really matters I suppose. Just make sure the bag doesn’t move front to back a lot when filled and I think you’re good.

I will say go ahead and plan for strengthening your engine panels if you haven’t already because mine will pop in now that they’ve been pressed on a lot over time. Going to add some metal channel stock to beef them up. The port side is more of a concern when it collapses because of the oil dip stick can take some of the bag resting on it which isn’t good of course.
Ya you could say they left some meat on the bone but I am sure it is for some legal reason as to not put the boat over the "listed" weight or something like that and because it is cheaper to manufacture since it covers more than 1 boat. Like you said it really doesn't matter as it makes the wave come alive and that is what matters.

As far as reinforcing the divider panels I just went the easy way and bought 2 of the wake makers kits and installed them. Also from the factory a few of my panels had some small screws in the channel to keep the dividers from jumping the track so I went on ahead and installed some on the ones that didn't have them. Both of those mods have helped tremendously as my port side divider would jump the track 70% of the time with the stock bags.