Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I wished I had measured my short WM bags to compare to stock before I sold them. Would be curious just how short mine were. It was by a lot I know that because I was concerned the connectors on the rear of the bag would wear or rip over time from the stress of having to be stretched just to connect to the mid ship bags. Thankfully I never ran those bags and were given replacements by WM that now fit as they should. The rear lockers of the Makai and the Max aren’t exactly the same it seems so it is strange they made a “one size fits both boats” bag. Based off y’all’s locker and filled bag pics it looks like WM left some meat on the bone with the Makai because there appears to be more room they could have used up in the upper “notch” shape of the bags. Just going by pics of course and maybe looks different in person. In the end if the wave looks killer and rides good now that’s what really matters I suppose. Just make sure the bag doesn’t move front to back a lot when filled and I think you’re good.

I will say go ahead and plan for strengthening your engine panels if you haven’t already because mine will pop in now that they’ve been pressed on a lot over time. Going to add some metal channel stock to beef them up. The port side is more of a concern when it collapses because of the oil dip stick can take some of the bag resting on it which isn’t good of course.
    Ya you could say they left some meat on the bone but I am sure it is for some legal reason as to not put the boat over the "listed" weight or something like that and because it is cheaper to manufacture since it covers more than 1 boat. Like you said it really doesn't matter as it makes the wave come alive and that is what matters.

As far as reinforcing the divider panels I just went the easy way and bought 2 of the wake makers kits and installed them. Also from the factory a few of my panels had some small screws in the channel to keep the dividers from jumping the track so I went on ahead and installed some on the ones that didn't have them. Both of those mods have helped tremendously as my port side divider would jump the track 70% of the time with the stock bags.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Kind of been following this one to see how this one would go, sounds like the WM bags are correct, but the rear storage bins wont fit with the new bags. Would love to have the extra weight but don't want to give up my bins either. Seems like if they were truly shaped to the Makai lockers the bins would still fit but cant blame them for having 1 bag to fit two different models. Guess I'll have to add a bit more lead to it, only have 350# in there currently.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Kind of been following this one to see how this one would go, sounds like the WM bags are correct, but the rear storage bins wont fit with the new bags. Would love to have the extra weight but don't want to give up my bins either. Seems like if they were truly shaped to the Makai lockers the bins would still fit but cant blame them for having 1 bag to fit two different models. Guess I'll have to add a bit more lead to it, only have 350# in there currently.
    Even if they were specifically made for the Makai I think you would have to lose the bins. I know the bins on my 19 were a little deeper than the 20+ but my factory bags came right to the bottom of them so I don't believe there is much room to expand with the bins installed. If you can find another place to store the stuff that is in your bins do it. It might not be as convenient but it will be well worth it. The bags make such a difference as it adds 700# as far back in the hull as possible. A bit more lead never hurt either.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Even if they were specifically made for the Makai I think you would have to lose the bins. I know the bins on my 19 were a little deeper than the 20+ but my factory bags came right to the bottom of them so I don't believe there is much room to expand with the bins installed. If you can find another place to store the stuff that is in your bins do it. It might not be as convenient but it will be well worth it. The bags make such a difference as it adds 700# as far back in the hull as possible. A bit more lead never hurt either.
    We generally have a big enough crew or use to that I didnt need any more, but here lately been a smaller crew where Ive been kicking around ideas, but I know my wife isnt going to let me give up the bins. So lead looks to be the best solution. Current stack is sitting on the ledge under the rear corner seats so gear doesn't slide back out from under the seats and land on the bags. Works great for that!
    2021 Makai

I agree that a slightly different design on the makai bag with the profile towards the front being taller could get more weight in there. Also if you made the bag taller in the front and 6" longer, you could shorten the overall height and possibly get the newer storage bin to fit. My bins only needed about 3-4" to fit back in there. I may try to modify my bins to fit. I have a couple of ideas how to do it. I will photo everything if I do.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

So filled the bags this weekend and noticed my port side was venting hard!! Opened the locker and…..

Bag was stuffed full as I would expect! Now I am not going to say this is the first time it has been this full but it is definitely the first time I have noticed it since I have been paying attention. Only thing I can think of was it was bc I was on plane when filling heading back up wind to surf down wind and that the speed helped the pumps stuff it full?! anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

$hitters full Clark!

Wave had to be awesome.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So filled the bags this weekend and noticed my port side was venting hard!! Opened the locker and…..

Bag was stuffed full as I would expect! Now I am not going to say this is the first time it has been this full but it is definitely the first time I have noticed it since I have been paying attention. Only thing I can think of was it was bc I was on plane when filling heading back up wind to surf down wind and that the speed helped the pumps stuff it full?! anyone else seen this?

Wow! Mine has never gotten that big. Did the vent get stopped up or kink? But that looks like it it taking maximum use of all the space. I have filled mine while on plane too and not gotten that much in it.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I had to order the ball valves for mine from wakemakers. When they get that full they just vent/siphon.
    Now I’ll fill them with the valve open, close when they vent out the side and it won’t allow it to continue the back flow.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Wow! Mine has never gotten that big. Did the vent get stopped up or kink? But that looks like it it taking maximum use of all the space. I have filled mine while on plane too and not gotten that much in it.

No the vent wasn't kinked at all as it was spewing out. It definitely filled the entire locker which is what you would expect it to do. I am going to work on figuring out how to get them to fill like this every time though.

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I had to order the ball valves for mine from wakemakers. When they get that full they just vent/siphon.
    Now I’ll fill them with the valve open, close when they vent out the side and it won’t allow it to continue the back flow.

They definitely did pull a siphon but I just flipped the pumps to drain and it stopped it in a matter of seconds.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans