Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Quick update. Just got an email from customer service saying they will have an engineer look into it and get back with me.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Well that is good they got back to you. Definitely let us know how it turns out.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Engineer is asking what the length at the bottom of the locker is where the bag sits. I am not at my boat for a few days. Does anyone happen to have that measurement?

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Engineer is asking what the length at the bottom of the locker is where the bag sits. I am not at my boat for a few days. Does anyone happen to have that measurement?

I won’t be at mine until Friday sorry man. Kind of strange they are asking for that. I would think that from the serial # they would be able to tell you if you had the right bags or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I won’t be at mine until Friday sorry man. Kind of strange they are asking for that. I would think that from the serial # they would be able to tell you if you had the right bags or not.

I sort of thought the same thing.

2021 Moomba Makai

2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Were you able to get the dimensions? Any word from WM?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Sorry I’m late to the party on this thread but they gave you the wrong bags. They gave you the same wrong bags I got for my Max when I got the WM kit. The customer service guy I was dealing with told me they are aware of this issue and had an employee that was making them incorrectly. The problem is that was years ago and this problem still persists today as you’re not the only one I’ve seen get the same wrong bag. I don’t know if their in-house drawing revisions get mixed up or part numbers get mixed up on work orders for the production floor but something is wrong from time to time for them on these bags. See around 9:13 in my install video how short those bags were from the bulkhead and how tight it made the connectors from those wrong bags. At the time I thought that’s just how the bags were to be made and that the hoses were made too short but it’s the other way around. They had also shipped me one wrong midship bag lol.

They ultimately shipped me the correct bags though. The bags for the Makai and the Max are apparently the same as this was on my rear bag boxes…

The correct length bags will go pretty much the whole length and the upper “notched” section will be correct length as well…

Last edited by haknslash; 06-23-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Sorry I’m late to the party on this thread but they gave you the wrong bags. They gave you the same wrong bags I got for my Max when I got the WM kit. The customer service guy I was dealing with told me they are aware of this issue and had an employee that was making them incorrectly. The problem is that was years ago and this problem still persists today as you’re not the only one I’ve seen get the same wrong bag. I don’t know if their in-house drawing revisions get mixed up or part numbers get mixed up on work orders for the production floor but something is wrong from time to time for them on these bags. See around 9:13 in my install video how short those bags were from the bulkhead and how tight it made the connectors from those wrong bags. At the time I thought that’s just how the bags were to be made and that the hoses were made too short but it’s the other way around. They had also shipped me one wrong midship bag lol.

They ultimately shipped me the correct bags though. The bags for the Makai and the Max are apparently the same as this was on my rear bag boxes…

The correct length bags will go pretty much the whole length and the upper “notched” section will be correct length as well…

Thank you! I suspected something had to be up. I will be at the lake tomorrow and am measuring the actual length of the locker bottom and the bag and will let WM know all this. Thanks again Hak!

2021 Moomba Makai

Just an update; I measured the length of the floor bottom in the ballast locker. It is 48.5" total and 16"wide. I sent some pictures along with the measurements and what I was told about the bags having been made wrong in The past for some people. The reply as of Friday was they would relay this information back to engineering, but said I definitely got the right bag because the serial number indicated it was for a 2019+ Makai. However my thought is if it was accidentally made wrong, as has happened before, the serial number really does not matter.
    However! I have definitely noticed the additional weight. It has made my wave so much bigger with only two in the boat!
    Last edited by HFarr; 06-26-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    2021 Moomba Makai

Just an update; I measured the length of the floor bottom in the ballast locker. It is 48.5" total and 16"wide. I sent some pictures along with the measurements and what I was told about the bags having been made wrong in The past for some people. The reply as of Friday was they would relay this information back to engineering, but said I definitely got the right bag because the serial number indicated it was for a 2019+ Makai. However my thought is if it was accidentally made wrong, as has happened before, the serial number really does not matter.
    However! I have definitely noticed the additional weight. It has made my wave so much bigger with only two in the boat!
    So I did some looking at mine and I feel like you have the right bags or mine are wrong as well. Here are some pics of them filled.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans