Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Dukabor,

I hear you on the snow, I am getting sick of shoveling but hopefully Chestermere starts to thaw here shortly for you. Out of curiosity as I have been following your posts for a while (always love seeing fellow Alberta crew posts) are you planning to change your prop out with the extra weight you are adding? I am curious what you think of that prop on your boat with the extra weight when you get a chance to test it out as I have the same one on smaller Mondo and it leaves a bit to be desired when loaded with people and extra ballast (ran at least 1k over stock plus people at over 2800' in elevation) and am hoping the new lower pitched prop I ordered addresses that and lets the engine work a little less hard. Looking forward to hearing your updates once the ice leaves and you can get out with the crew at Martin and a bunch of lead.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Thanks….

With all of the moisture this winter I heard a rumour that by late April they may start filling up chestermere….

The prop I have now is the altitude/wake 15.5 x 15, and at some point there will have to be a line of diminishing returns with the weight…. Though I have been counting on some forgiveness with the ‘big boat and small crew’ situation I am in…. But that being said, if i find that the desired wake outcome is potentially being limited by the prop I will have to also head down that rabbit hole lol

The Martin MS crew has been great, I am sure having experience with a not so awesome dealer (not just with boats, with anything) makes the great ones seem that much better!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Finally had the test day today with the crew from my dealer….

To recap I went with the standard WM bag upgrade 1345 each, 200lbs of lead under each rear bag tucked into the corners, and initially threw 600lb of lead in the very front locker….

Did not adjust the timers, so filled the bags up, and did require some venting (have all the parts for the venting kit to be done at some point) took some adjusting of the bags the have them put as little stress on the side panels (already reinforced but will add some more for the sake of it) the filled right up to a great levels after that. Storage trays will not even be close to fitting and I am ok with that, gives much easier access to the bags and the Makai has plenty of storage…

Once full to give a reference of the impact, the bar above the swim platform was just underwater! Certainly noticeable how she is squatting in the water now!

Gave a few pulls, and the change in the wave was VERY noticeable, I will get pictures at some point, always hard to tell from those regardless….

Turned on AW and shot for the 9.5 pitch and -1.5 roll as a baseline, and was having a hard time getting past 8.5 at first… saw it was draining out the front bag to about 80 percent on the system and the rears port 100 and starboard 96….. took a couple tried and moved 100 lbs at a time and ended up with a total of 200 in the rear corner ahead of the bags and boom…. Hit 9.5 and -1.5 with the front at 100, port at 100, and starboard at 95…. Played around with the wakeplate between 15 and 25, and speeds between 10.8 and 11.5….

Did not have any gear in the boat and the gauge showed about 60 percent of fuel in the tank, so adding in the rest of the gear and a few more bodies will be even better and provide that flexibility to mellow it out for the beginners and should be more than enough for the ‘ experts’ !!

The 15.5x15 prop had no issue getting up on wake, but i picked up the acme 16x13 to slap on and try out as with the rest of the crew/gear/fuel it will probably be 1000 lbs or so into the boat…. That extra weight will probably tip the scales for needing a little more from the prop!

I am soooooo pleased with how this turned out…. Combine this for actually heading into this season understanding AW and how it works will be a ton of fun!!

The lake we were in was about 20ft or so deep, so looking forward to seeing the difference in the 200 plus feet of depth I have at the ‘home’ lake!!

Big shout out to Bryce and Matt at Martin Motorsports in Calgary for today and everything for helping make this happen!!
    2022 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    but ai picked up the acme 16x13 to slap on and try out as with the rest of the crew/gear/fuel it will probably be 1000 lbs or so into the boat
    Glad you were able to get on the water and things worked out! If you do end up using the the 16x13 keep an eye on your gelcoat right at the closest point of prop rotation. On the 2021's we can't get much closer than 15.75" unless you put a plate/patch on there. I don't know if they put more clearance on the 2022's.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Glad you were able to get on the water and things worked out! If you do end up using the the 16x13 keep an eye on your gelcoat right at the closest point of prop rotation. On the 2021's we can't get much closer than 15.75" unless you put a plate/patch on there. I don't know if they put more clearance on the 2022's.
    Thanks…. We kinda ran out of time to swap it on and give it a back to back shot, but you are right, not a ton of room under there…. Not to mention it was a tad tight with the puller, will try with an impact gun to not crank on the shaft with a bar…. Will send results when I slip it on there with some reference to the clearance
    2022 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Thanks…. We kinda ran out of time to swap it on and give it a back to back shot, but you are right, not a ton of room under there…. Not to mention it was a tad tight with the puller, will try with an impact gun to not crank on the shaft with a bar…. Will send results when I slip it on there with some reference to the clearance
    DuKabor that sounds awesome! You will definitely have to get some pictures and a video up for us to see!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    DuKabor that sounds awesome! You will definitely have to get some pictures and a video up for us to see!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I certainly will…. Actually created a tapatalk acct so I can post better pics/vids!
    2022 Makai