Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    Try filling them about 20 % and gently pull up on the long sides of the bags on each side. Mine were laying over lapped on the bottom side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did this yesterday, and yep it was just that simple. Can't believe I didn't catch that before. I should have snapped a quick picture, but both bags filled out the entire space and went way up near the top. I still have not done anything to fix my rear panel that popped out of the track on me as I showed earlier. At least my sides seem to be holding well now. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Could you put a piece of 1” aluminum angle iron under the original channel to keep the panel from pushing in. That is what I am going to try on my side panels

Quote Originally Posted by gedakbx View Post
    Could you put a piece of 1” aluminum angle iron under the original channel to keep the panel from pushing in. That is what I am going to try on my side panels
    I will probably end up putting a longer and deeper piece of channel there. You can see in the picture that the existing one does not go all the way to the end of the carpeted panel. On the sides, I would still recommend putting some metal on them to stiffen them. Then put some small screws in the bottom to keep from pulling out. They are soft and bow quite a bit.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I did this yesterday, and yep it was just that simple. Can't believe I didn't catch that before. I should have snapped a quick picture, but both bags filled out the entire space and went way up near the top. I still have not done anything to fix my rear panel that popped out of the track on me as I showed earlier. At least my sides seem to be holding well now. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Here are couple of pictures of my left and right rear bags filled now that I made sure they were centered and were not folded up on themselves as they were filling. I unscrewed one of the vent caps as they started to Balloon up and let all the air escape. That's 100% water in those pictures.

2021 Moomba Makai

Double post
    Last edited by dyrmz134; 07-31-2022 at 05:41 AM.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Wow. I can't wait to go back out now.

I wonder how much weight we've been missing with them not filling up all the way.... No wonder I was swearing my storage bins would still fit!
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Wow. I can't wait to go back out now.

I wonder how much weight we've been missing with them not filling up all the way.... No wonder I was swearing my storage bins would still fit!
    Speaking of storage bins...I posted some pictures early on with my storage bins sitting on top of the WM bags full, or what I thought was full, and they only sat a few inches higher than the fiberglass around the locker. I will have to do that again as I am sure they would be drastically higher now.

2021 Moomba Makai

[QUOTE=dyrmz134;381041]
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    No the vent wasn't kinked at all as it was spewing out. It definitely filled the entire locker which is what you would expect it to do. I am going to work on figuring out how to get them to fill like this every time though.

Any luck on this?? I need to know
    No, unfortunately our lake is now 4' down and I had to pull the Makai off the lift and put it in the garage so that it didn't get stuck on the lift. Our last trip up I didn't pull it out as we just played on the Jet Skis and surfed on our neighbor's Malibu as he is still able to get his boat on and off his lift (at least for the next few weekends). It seems like some others have gotten it figured out here in the post below though. Our next trip up I am going to launch the boat and just anchor it up in front of our boat house for the weekend so I will definitely try it out and report back.

Here are couple of pictures of my left and right rear bags filled now that I made sure they were centered and were not folded up on themselves as they were filling. I unscrewed one of the vent caps as they started to Balloon up and let all the air escape. That's 100% water in those pictures.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Awesome video! It had actually popped up in my feed before I saw it here. I am going to do the dome light mod next weekend so I can turn it off on the 4th while we watch fireworks. Did you just mount the switch with double sided tape? I never realized that the bags were specific to the port and starboard side they defintely should have put that on the box and was a definite miss on Wakemakers end. I will have to climb in there and see if I just got them right by luck lol. If you aren't using your rear trays anymore venting the bags off the top and teeing in to the overflow is a great way to go I know Hak had mentioned it as well.
    Did you bags not come with a graphic on them indicating their locations in the boat? There should be a graphic of an overhead view of a boat and an overlay of a “bag” indicating where they are installed.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Did you bags not come with a graphic on them indicating their locations in the boat? There should be a graphic of an overhead view of a boat and an overlay of a “bag” indicating where they are installed.
    O they did. I just never noticed them until a month or so ago when I looked lol. I just got lucky there were on the correct sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead