Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Uninvited guests do suck, we've had it happen a few times as well and it's certainly awkward to say "yeah no we only invited you".

The way I look at it people have a few strikes on their invite, screw up a time or two no big deal but there comes a point when you stop getting invited.
    I've got one friend who's girlfriend just sucks and ruins everyone's time every time so they just don't get invited anymore a little awkward but hey I'm not letting someone else ruin everyone's day on the lake.

A simple"Hey we like to plan ahead for the number of people on the boat so we can have the right number of life jackets, food, beer etc so please let us know ahead of time if you're bringing someone and be ready for us to say no if we don't have the room" shoudl work fine.

We said no to someone's plus 1 on memorial day as we already had 10 and I don't like more than that if the water is cold. They understood fine and it wasn't an issue.
    2020 Supra SA

That's when saying we have gators in the lake comes in handy. Gators love dogs!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    thats nothing... how about when the person you invite brings their little rat dogs.... long day on the beach for them is what i say.
    I had my sister-in-law show up at the ramp with their black lab after I told them no. It is already a tight fit on our 21V with our 3 kids and their 2. Of course, I look like the A-hole when I tell them not a chance and one of them had to stay back to look after the dog.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

+1 is tolerable usually. +several or +dogs, nope. My boat, my rules.

You can always give it a try and if the crazy comes out, then you call it early and head home. Sucks maybe, but a short crappy ride is better than a long painful day gritting your teeth...

I have in-laws who don't seem to understand that 10+ people on the boat is not fun. I play the card, "I'm not being an a-hole, but it's not safe and we can't ride with so many onboard" "And I have enough lifejackets but not all the right size for everyone so if we get checked, and we often do..."
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I’ve run into this a few times. I’ll let it go once but if a recurrence They don’t get invited back. U can’t let people ruin ur day at the lake. We all do a lot to maintain our boats and we want to enjoy them.

Too bad I don’t live farther south or I’d use that gator argument from HFarr. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

The life jacket limit is brilliant.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Personally, I'd let the first one go and be chill about it. If they were humble/apologetic about it like asking a favor, they'd get another invite with clear instructions the second time, if they were presumptious and disrespectful about it, they wouldn't get another invite.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by PatL View Post
    I’ve run into this a few times. I’ll let it go once but if a recurrence They don’t get invited back. U can’t let people ruin ur day at the lake. We all do a lot to maintain our boats and we want to enjoy them.

Too bad I don’t live farther south or I’d use that gator argument from HFarr. Lol.

Rabid Zebra Mussels?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Yes! Or where I boat I can mention bull sharks. We get dolphins and bull sharks very occasionally up in the Potomac from the Chesapeake bay.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

First off, I wouldn't have them anywhere near me or my family if they are as chauvinistic and/or misogynistic as I sense from your description. Wouldn't take the chance my wife gets insulted, disrespected or belittled and if my daughter was around...um...hell no, not with a fox or in a box or on a train and certainly not on my damn boat. Cousin or no cousin, they better know how to act...or swim. At least tread water.
    Like a lot of others, once is reluctantly tolerable, twice and they better enjoy the day as it will be the last one they spend on my boat.
    If you're invited somewhere, even by family, it takes nothing to say, "Hey, would yall mind if I asked so and so to come along?" Showing decency to others isn'tdifficult and should take precedenceas a guest. But most everyone I know understands full well that I'm not dealing with crazy ass people to being with. Except that my best friend is married to one and I can't avoid him...unfortunately.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK