Default auto wake issues on 22 Makai

hello everyone!

we have a 2022 makai and love the boat! i have been having some funky stuff going on with the Auto wake and ballast issues, going to have the dealer look over it but thought i would ask around and see if anyone else has had the same issues.

1. so the first issue i have been seeing in the last few months and seems as if its getting progressively worse is that randomly while cruising one trim tab will just go full deployed listing the boat bad to one side, the only way to fix it seems is to shut down and restart the boat. anyone else have any issue like this yet?

2. the 2nd issue just happened this weekend, after wake surfing i tried using my autowake "go home" feature which i love, and it usually will fully drain all ballast and keep the boat level for a nice smooth ride. so while draining it looked like the right ballast for some reason didn't drain, the auto wake showed the other ballast all drained but not the right, so i manually drained it with the switches, or so i thought. got to the dock and getting ready to put put the boat on the trailer and i could tell it was listing bad to the right telling me there was water still in the right ballast even though the auto wake showed it was drained on the screen? i got it on the trailer and manually drained it again until i could not hear the pump sucking air on the trailer i could hear and see all the water coming out and that right ballast tank was pretty close to full.

anyone seen any issues like this? i have the dealer schedule to come out but they are backed up and is going to be 4 weeks before i can get them to look at it. to me it sounds like the right ballast sensor is failing or some how became discounted?

thanks guys!

Mike

I have had some similar issues with my 2021 Makai in that the tabs don't seem to respond as they should. I can stop, cycle off the batteries, and restart, then they behave as normal. It has not been a lot of times that this happened, but it does every so often. I can't say I have had the bags not drain. Try going into your calibration screens and resetting all your timers if you just have the stock bags.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

What dealer did you use, and where do you surf/wakeboard at in the Orlando area?

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

We have a 21 Craz and have had the surf tabs randomly go up and down while surfing (never while cruising) a few times each season. I have just stopped the boat, turned it off, cycle the batteries like Hfarr said and this resoleves the issue. I haven't had any problems with a bag not draining.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Don't have a newer boat but following this site consistently.

Several people have had this happen on Moomba and Supra. Some even get stuck in the down position. A dealer refresh or update on the software and problem solved. As for the bag not draining, check your ballast sensor. It could have gotten stuck, loose connection, etc and showed empty so autowake stopped draining. Reset the timers might help also.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I have had some similar issues with my 2021 Makai in that the tabs don't seem to respond as they should. I can stop, cycle off the batteries, and restart, then they behave as normal. It has not been a lot of times that this happened, but it does every so often. I can't say I have had the bags not drain. Try going into your calibration screens and resetting all your timers if you just have the stock bags.

Ditto on the "stop,cycle,restart"
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Stuck tab typically requires dealer reflash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan