Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default New 2022 Makai pricing

Howdy, everyone. Long-time reader, first-time poster.

Does anyone have any insight on pricing 2022 Makai's from dealers right now? What they ought to cost, what a fair to good dealer discount might be, what should/should not be included, etc.? Found a boat from a dealer in the mid-west (I'll leave dealer annonymous) who told me about a boat that is about to come in, that they ordered back in Dec. 2021, but I have no way to know if the pricing is fair or overpriced or what. It has a like $10,000 price "adjustment" for 2022 that has me baffled. Dealer was very nice, I just don't know these prices.

Looked at used ones but for little more, seems a new one may be the way to go, if the pricing is ok.

Anybody have any thoughts on this or where to look or even what you paid (approximately) (--is this rude to even ask??)? It has the base engine, 3.0 wave, several extras, pro tower, surf pipe. Not asking for a msrp breakdown by any means, just an idea of what I should be looking at for a fairly well-loaded option Makai. I did find a site of seedealercost.com/marine/ but I am not sure how accurate that is, as to what the dealer is making and could come down to. This will be my first new boat ever and I am excited but nervouse about pricing in this market. I know the dealer has to make money...just don't need them making all their money on me! haha

Thanks for any thoughts
    Last edited by JimLevin; 06-02-2022 at 12:26 PM.

should be whatever the moomba website says plus whatever silly fees the dealer charges... mine had a $4500 dealer charge. I only got a 3% discount.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    Howdy, everyone. Long-time reader, first-time poster.

Does anyone have any insight on pricing 2022 Makai's from dealers right now? What they ought to cost, what a fair to good dealer discount might be, what should/should not be included, etc.? Found a boat from a dealer in the mid-west (I'll leave dealer annonymous) who told me about a boat that is about to come in, that they ordered back in Dec. 2021, but I have no way to know if the pricing is fair or overpriced or what. It has a like $10,000 price "adjustment" for 2022 that has me baffled. Dealer was very nice, I just don't know these prices.

Looked at used ones but for little more, seems a new one may be the way to go, if the pricing is ok.

Anybody have any thoughts on this or where to look or even what you paid (approximately) (--is this rude to even ask??)? It has the base engine, 3.0 wave, several extras, pro tower, surf pipe. Not asking for a msrp breakdown by any means, just an idea of what I should be looking at for a fairly well-loaded option Makai. I did find a site of seedealercost.com/marine/ but I am not sure how accurate that is, as to what the dealer is making and could come down to. This will be my first new boat ever and I am excited but nervouse about pricing in this market. I know the dealer has to make money...just don't need them making all their money on me! haha

Thanks for any thoughts
    I got mine for slightly less than MSRP, then added some things on (tint , rear bag upgrade , surf pipe) that got it back at MSRP with taxes, etc.

No idea what's happening with '23's. My dealer didn't have any other 22's for sale. This one sort of fell into my lap when the original buyer backed out at the last minute.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

I was told at least a 9% increase in prices to Moomba for 2023 vs. the current 2022 models, by this same dealer. Possibly as much as 13% increase in price.

If you can get it at or slightly below MSRP that is kind of a win in this market. It is crazy but the dealers don’t really need to offer discounts because people are lining up to pay asking price. The 2022 up charge was across all boat companies I saw on the Malibu and Nautique pages dealers were coming back and asking for more money on boats that were already ordered at agreed on prices. Just a really tough time to buy right now. Moomba tends to keep there costs lower so the discounts weren’t as high, but there is a thread about the pricing I will try to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Thanks a million. Yes this helps. Again, I know these things ain't free, just want to know the deal is reasonable for us both.

The only caveat is pricing may have changed again since then with demand and markets. Also, prices tend to peak during the summer. At least gives you a general starting point and idea of msrp/sales price.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    If you can get it at or slightly below MSRP that is kind of a win in this market. It is crazy but the dealers don’t really need to offer discounts because people are lining up to pay asking price. The 2022 up charge was across all boat companies I saw on the Malibu and Nautique pages dealers were coming back and asking for more money on boats that were already ordered at agreed on prices. Just a really tough time to buy right now. Moomba tends to keep there costs lower so the discounts weren’t as high, but there is a thread about the pricing I will try to find it.
    Agreed. My salesman gave me the first shot at mine when it came available. If I hadn't jumped on it, I'm sure it would be long gone at asking price.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Ok fellas. Need the hive mind thoughts. Seems the new loaded out 2023 Makai’s w/400 engine are about $135,000 after discounts, at boat shows but includes 7 year engine warranty. Found a couple of 2019 Supra 450’s, one an SE and a SL for a little less, both about $125k, 280hrs & 450hrs respectively. What say the group as to satisfaction and resale on a 4 year old Supra vs. a 2023 loaded out Makai? (Note we mostly ride, surf, and tube, rarely wakeboard). We plan to use it for at least 3 or 4 years, then maybe upgrade.

Obviously the Supra is gonna be out of warranty but the Makai won’t. I am just debating a new boat vs. a used 4 year old boat.

Seems the Supras are still, listed at least, at the price they sold for new and might come down a bit, as those are just the list prices.

Thoughts, advice, objections?
    Last edited by JimLevin; 01-25-2023 at 02:41 PM.