Thread: No Antifreeze

Default No Antifreeze

2017 Mojo Raptor 400
    I got it out from storage today. Checking things over notice there’s no antifreeze in it. When I winterized it I changed oil. There’s no antifreeze in oil or anything like that. I haven’t started it yet but I plan on putting some in before I start it. It didn’t get hot or anything when I winterized it either.
    Thanks

I assume you have a heater based on this info.
    Please check the heater box under the seat and then the pump under the transmission dog house.
    They are known to leak and they use the engine antifreeze circuit to create the heat.

The floor would be sticky from the leak. Antifreeze leaves a residue after it drains.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Don’t run the motor too long with low coolant.

Grab a bottle of the right coolant, fill it up, and run it to see if you can find the leak.

Mine had a slow leak on a heater fitting. Dealer even had an issue finding it. So the boat was usable, but would get low after a handful of trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Even better buy a vacuum filler. Creates a vacuum in your coolant system and helps you find the leak. Also I found out when I drained my system that when filling the raptor engine it’s hard to get the air bubbles out. The vacuum filler fixes that problem.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Mine starts that way every season also, and once I add some, it’s fine. When I start the boat, it sometimes “burps“ back into the reservoir to a higher level also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    1100s in rear lockers
    400 Raptor

2002 Supra Launch SSV - Sold