Default Prop Support Strut

So I have a 2006 Momba mobius LSV and the prop support strut keeps on coming loose. Do I just need to put some lock-tight on the nut and bolt and tighten it down? This is the second time I've had to tighten it in a year. Do I need to put any extra marine grade sealant between the boat and the strut? Anyone have any experience this and have a good fix? Thanks in advance.

20220528_202514.jpg
    Ryan

.....But I'd rather be boating.....

1989 Spectrum Fish/Ski **Sold**
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

If the sealant broke loose the it isn't sealant anymore.
    I would loosen more, clean the best you can, apply new 4300, and use nyloc nuts on the inside.

Also check your alignment. You might have excess stress on the strut causing them to come loose. When they are tight, do you get any vibrations?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If the sealant broke loose the it isn't sealant anymore.
    I would loosen more, clean the best you can, apply new 4300, and use nyloc nuts on the inside.

Also check your alignment. You might have excess stress on the strut causing them to come loose. When they are tight, do you get any vibrations?
    Sorry for the long response time. I do get a little bit of vibrating not a lot but some. How do I check the aliment? Can you direct me to a thread on how to do it? Thanks for your help.
    Ryan

.....But I'd rather be boating.....

1989 Spectrum Fish/Ski **Sold**
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Once everything is tight, you want to check the shaft position as it comes through the hull. It should not be making contact with anything.

If that checks out you need a dial indicator to check to see if the shaft is bent while spinning. If it is visibly bent when rotating then a dial indicator is not needed.

Alignment evolves loosening motor mounts and transmission mounts and adjusting. Small motions at the mounts are big changes at the prop. Not sure many would tackle this hints why no thread. Sorry man. Good luck.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow