Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just going by what Heavy D said about the lack of wakeboard wake.

He also commented about how the rear facing seats are under water when surfing heavy and that water intake is still an issue, I think he said it has at least one 2000GPH bilge pump.

ZOG, great point on dissimilar metals on a brass plug in aluminum boat, but for 400k, and 100 total pavatis, they can afford to machine up an aluminum plug to thread in.

Beaching that boat on the rocks is a luxury, I still wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I COMPLETELY agree on the machining aluminum. It seems like the stupidest thing to cheap out on. Thread it, provide an aluminum plug or two (or five), and then if somebody decides to use a cheap tensioning plug it's not the stupidity of the design that causes the issue. Seems like an Achilles heel. I also thought that the back end was too shallow for the submersion they were hitting. His discussion of how low the boat sits in the water when full seems like a problem. My Mojo sits low, but not THAT low. I have never felt like I would be anywhere close to taking on water.

One of the Diesel Bros lives on the hill east of me. Has a very modern house with a helicopter pad. They have the exterior lit up so brightly that it outshines the amusement park that sits between me and him. Obviously money is not an issue to those guys.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

More the power to the owner, he seemed to take it well and own it. Like others have said, glad everyone was ok.

Money is not an issue at all, He bought that military boat to recover his sunken boat.

The owner of Pavati looks pretty crunchy but likes to have a good time.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Interesting issue and recovery. You can fast forward for most of this.

https://youtu.be/vEL3cSwBDXo

Come to find out, this owner uses expanding rubber plugs in the hull and it fell out combined with replacing factory batteries upon deliver and failed to correctly hook up the bilge discharge hose.

$400k boat and rubber drain plug…….

https://youtu.be/8woRgenI3jY

its because it is built like a jet boat. $500k jet boats use the same type of plug, some are quick release, the better ones have a screw feature to expand the most. since they only plug the transom, you can drain the boat by getting on plane. happened on the river in my friends jet boat, reason they all keep extras on hand. this paints the picture that pavatti owners arent quick thinkers, lol
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    the test mule I was on back in '12 had a wakeboard wave that would rival anything out there. surf wave was garbage and it kept taking in water on the back "rodeo seats" we dubbed them. 2 bilge pumps ran almost non stop. had some potential but wakeboard was going to be the boats strength.

fit and finish was hands down better than any wakeboat on the lake even today and the parts list read like a whos who of the go fast powerboat industry. no odd one-off companies. inspecting the wiring and electrical mounting, it made both tige and supra look like a yugo in terms of quality.

funniest thing was watching them beach the boat on a rocky beach on lake oroville while the rest of the wakeboats had to dance around the houseboats looking for room to moor. justin(iirc) the pavati guy would just run it up until it stopped just like an aluminum duckworth..
    I remember this weekend, because my Mojo was supposed to be the Moomba show for wake surfing and they hit me with a technicality, I didn't own the boat, so technically I wasn't allowed to drive it. Skiers Choice said I could drive it for them.

I rode on the Pavati, and I think the owners name is Guy, can't quite remember, but really nice guy, great boat, lots of cool things, but man the amount of water it takes into the engine compartment from the backs seats was insane. More then once we opened the back seats and water was at the harmonic balancer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I=
    I rode on the Pavati, and I think the owners name is Guy, can't quite remember, but really nice guy, great boat, lots of cool things.
    if you remember the pavati was brought by the son of the owner of that drift boat company out of oregon. he was a 20-something that was more into partying than selling boats. not sure why there was a mannequin on board living under the front bow seats and sleeping with him but he was a young partier.

not gonna say anything about his boat building skills tho. I can't say enough of the quality of the boat. granted it's easy to do that tho when you have a full on fab shop and unlimited funds at your disposal.

iirc the mojo was not allowed due to some insurance regs that ragboy spoke of. it wasn't included in the weekend comparo as my only ride was friday outside of the actual polar bear with you/claudia/sue/joe/shane stillman.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Sunken Pavati and recovery

I think the owners name is Chuck.

Kinda reminds me of a boat version of Orange County choppers.

Chuck seems like a goofball in the recovery video, falls into the lake, loses the truck keys in the process.

Shows up at the airport in Oregon in his old school limo with full on hydraulics.

Looks like a fun guy.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-31-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if you remember the pavati was brought by the son of the owner of that drift boat company out of oregon. he was a 20-something that was more into partying than selling boats. not sure why there was a mannequin on board living under the front bow seats and sleeping with him but he was a young partier.

not gonna say anything about his boat building skills tho. I can't say enough of the quality of the boat. granted it's easy to do that tho when you have a full on fab shop and unlimited funds at your disposal.

iirc the mojo was not allowed due to some insurance regs that ragboy spoke of. it wasn't included in the weekend comparo as my only ride was friday outside of the actual polar bear with you/claudia/sue/joe/shane stillman.
    Right I thought the guy said he owned the wake board side of the company but I knew his dad owns the river boat side of the business, yes Ragboy saying the issues was the insurance because I didn't work for Skeirs Choice so their insurance wouldn't cover the boat and since I wasn't the owner I didn't have insurance.

But anyhow it was a long time ago LOL

Since Ragboy is a Skiers Choice guy
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]