Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    I didn't see it, going off what someone said on my mojo ballast/lead post

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I just realized I didn't post the link to my previous post https://wake9.com/2021/07/01/2021-moomba-mojo-settings/

Sorry about that, if you read down where the section with the header "Lead" is he breaks it down. Hopefully someone from SC can enlighten all of us and let us know what the breakdown on the Mojo ballast setup is. I feel like that wouldn't be something that is held close to the chest.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    how do you know that?

the numbers for the mojo make no sense.... factory claims 4k ballast, which if the upgrade is 1460, and claim it is at least 600lb bigger, that puts the bow at atleast 1600lb.... which i call bullshit, because the fill time is about 30% faster on the bow... part of that is the head/height of the bag, but still, numbers dont make sense.

also, throw in that wake9 put 1k lead in the bow, means that there is already plenty in the rear.

I am half tempted to fill on a scale, or pull bags and measure/calc the weight

My dealer quoted me 1400 lbs for the 2 rear, and 1200 lbs for the front bag in the 2021 (stock) Mojo.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Default New mojo ballast upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    My dealer quoted me 1400 lbs for the 2 rear, and 1200 lbs for the front bag in the 2021 (stock) Mojo.
    That would make sense as that is how the Makai’s ballast is allocated as well just with a different setup for the rear bags. The part that doesn’t make sense is that wakemakers claims their upgraded rear bags are 1,460# which isn’t an upgrade at all from stock if they stocks are 1,400#. I think that is why everyone is soo confused. Wakemakers claims a 600-1800# increase in overall capacity but this would only net 120# on the 21+ mojo which you could just buy 150# of lead for 10% of the cost of the bags lol

Thinking about this and I wonder has anyone called wakemakers to get some clarity on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    That seems reasonable and is what I would guess. I think maybe the WM bags are underrated. I know they fill higher, and based on my rough calc, there is approx 6 cubic feet of space on top of the filled stock bags, which if filled with water would be about 360lb each side.

Considering wake9 putting lead mid and bow, I don't think the WM is worth it.

2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

WM should just save material and make a 360lb bag that connects to 2 of the vent holes on the factory bag

I did contact wakemakers and this was their response.

"Hey Josh,

Your current bags are 1,000lbs each and out bags will add an additional 920lbs total to your boat. We currently do not have a bow upgrade for this unfortunately. We plan on having this done eventually but it may be some time still before we get that completed.
    Thanks,

Sam
    Customer Advocate"

I don't believe my current rear bags are only 1k each.

I may have said this before but I have no dog in the fight when it comes to the Mojo and the upgraded rear bags other than wanting people to have a great wave. That being said I remember seeing a post a while back about a Mojo that was loaded up and realized that it was Hayden (post #32). He had custom rear bags made by Fatsac for his Mojo that were 1800#. He has a video in his playlist (linked below) where he has the factory bag and his new bag inflated with air to see the difference and after seeing the factory bag in his video I don't have a hard time believing it is 1,400#. Hayden said he runs a light crew so he even piggybacked 2x350# mid ships and also some weight up front to achieve his numbers and his wave looks awesome. After watching his video, if you have a decent crew I could see the upgraded bags being worth it along with a minimum of 500# of lead. IMO never having set foot on a new Mojo and just watching his video, upgraded bags and 500# in lead would be where I would start but I can guarantee you I would end up with 1k in lead because I always want to have an awesome wave with a light crew and then when the crew is larger the wave is just that much better. I would be interested to know what he paid for his bags compared to what Wakemakers is asking but Fatsac should already have the dimensions and the pattern from his order so I would think they would be pretty easy to order them again from them. If you have time give his playlist a watch as he has some good info in there as well as a sweet video of him riding his wave. The other topic he covers that is also important when upgrading the rear bags is reinforcing the engine dividers. There are a couple routes you can go with that but it is definitely needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoNT...sZ4YCd&index=1
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 06-10-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I may have said this before but I have no dog in the fight when it comes to the Mojo and the upgraded rear bags other than wanting people to have a great wave. That being said I remember seeing a post a while back about a Mojo that was loaded up and realized that it was Hayden (post #32). He had custom rear bags made by Fatsac for his Mojo that were 1800#. He has a video in his playlist (linked below) where he has the factory bag and his new bag inflated with air to see the difference and after seeing the factory bag in his video I don't have a hard time believing it is 1,400#. Hayden said he runs a light crew so he even piggybacked 2x350# mid ships and also some weight up front to achieve his numbers and his wave looks awesome. After watching his video, if you have a decent crew I could see the upgraded bags being worth it along with a minimum of 500# of lead. IMO never having set foot on a new Mojo and just watching his video, upgraded bags and 500# in lead would be where I would start but I can guarantee you I would end up with 1k in lead because I always want to have an awesome wave with a light crew and then when the crew is larger the wave is just that much better. I would be interested to know what he paid for his bags compared to what Wakemakers is asking but Fatsac should already have the dimensions and the pattern from his order so I would think they would be pretty easy to order them again from them. If you have time give his playlist a watch as he has some good info in there as well as a sweet video of him riding his wave. The other topic he covers that is also important when upgrading the rear bags is reinforcing the engine dividers. There are a couple routes you can go with that but it is definitely needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoNT...sZ4YCd&index=1
    perfect, thanks for the info.

side note, i was looking at my build sheet and it lists (2) bags, 102x21.5x24" which would be the overall rear bag dims, so just measuring the long section, it would be 102x15x24 which is enough volume for about 1300lbs of water. so throw in the taller locker section and its def around 1500. The taller bag is as i estimated, probably a 3-400LB increase in volume.

WM sells universal bags, looks like a 500LB one would fit on top of stock and is only 150 each. so probably around 400 bucks after fittings and stuff for both bags.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Go watch Brent's video on the exact bags at
    https://youtu.be/61zloWEOCEw

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Ha ha. The dude cuts a hole in his building. WTF??
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Ha ha. The dude cuts a hole in his building. WTF??
    Necessity is the mother of invention.

Doghouse is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan