Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New mojo ballast upgrades

Got this in an email from wakemakers today. I don't know the size of my factory rear bags but I'm confused why the mojo upgrades are more then double the price of the makai and max upgrade.

https://www.wakemakers.com/products/...o&_ss=e&_v=1.0

It’s just an exact fit Enzo bag, lol. Not sure why it’s so expensive. Maybe the laser measurement broke the bank.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Agree the pricing seems way out of line… seems they’re cashing in on the Mojo volume and the need to add weight to get a decent wave. I’d really like to know exactly how much weight these upgrades add. From the FaceBook group, it had been posted that that add 920 lbs…. I suppose if they are a foot taller this is possible since the lockers are so huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Wow. That’s expensive for one bag.

2018 Supra SL400

These bags are advertised at 1460lbs each. I can't find what my stock rear bags are in the mojo to know. Honestly though im always riding bow high. I have 500lbs of lead in the bow and still can't get under 11 degrees pitch surfing. Rear weight would just make it worse.

Default New mojo ballast upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    These bags are advertised at 1460lbs each. I can't find what my stock rear bags are in the mojo to know. Honestly though im always riding bow high. I have 500lbs of lead in the bow and still can't get under 11 degrees pitch surfing. Rear weight would just make it worse.
    Really? We had our ballast full yesterday and an 850 sack on the floor in front of the rear bench seat and we couldn’t get pitch above 8. Two adults and two young kids.

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I don't have a dog in this fight but always enjoy obtaining knowledge....do any of yall know how your factory ballast is distributed in the boat? I figure the new factory rear bags were pretty close to 1,460 already. Do you know what yalls bow bags weighs?

FWIW that price is crazy high!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Got this in an email from wakemakers today. I don't know the size of my factory rear bags but I'm confused why the mojo upgrades are more then double the price of the makai and max upgrade.

https://www.wakemakers.com/products/...o&_ss=e&_v=1.0
    my guess is because it is a giant bag vs the split 2 bag like makai/max

im not impressed with the fit of the mojo bags. The port side has about 6-12" in front of the bag that could be used (good space for lead i guess), and even with the storage bins, there is about 6 inches of headroom. Also, the transition gets pinched off by the floor fiberglass, i addd some edge guard so i dont end up with a leak later on, but they could have filleted the L shape more since there is a bit of room after it fills where they cut off the end of the seat storage area. I may add a net, im worried about shit falling back on top of an empty bag while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Agree the pricing seems way out of line… seems they’re cashing in on the Mojo volume and the need to add weight to get a decent wave. I’d really like to know exactly how much weight these upgrades add. From the FaceBook group, it had been posted that that add 920 lbs…. I suppose if they are a foot taller this is possible since the lockers are so huge.

seems more cost effective to add a small bag on top, piggy back to the factory bags.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight but always enjoy obtaining knowledge....do any of yall know how your factory ballast is distributed in the boat? I figure the new factory rear bags were pretty close to 1,460 already. Do you know what yalls bow bags weighs?

FWIW that price is crazy high!
    i was thinking the same, 1250~1500 since it is 4k total
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post

i was thinking the same, 1250~1500 since it is 4k total
    Ya with it being 4k like the Makai I figured the factory set up was 1 large bag that was 1400 instead of the 1k with the 400 piggy backed like the Makai. I am assuming the bow Bag is a 1200 like the Makai. Honestly I thought the new Mojo rear bag design was genius as you don't have the 400# bag to worry about holding air but Wake Maker's price for the upgrade is crazy! I get that it ends up being more material and labor to manufacture but 2X?! Come On!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya with it being 4k like the Makai I figured the factory set up was 1 large bag that was 1400 instead of the 1k with the 400 piggy backed like the Makai. I am assuming the bow Bag is a 1200 like the Makai. Honestly I thought the new Mojo rear bag design was genius as you don't have the 400# bag to worry about holding air but Wake Maker's price for the upgrade is crazy! I get that it ends up being more material and labor to manufacture but 2X?! Come On!!
    yeah, i mean i like that it is a single bag, but the shape seems a little generic since it is oversized on the front end, getting pinched off, and then lots of room towards the rear that could have been utilized.

makes me wonder what the standards are for design/max ballast, obviously there is room for more bag, and it wouldnt have cost much more to add from the factory, but there must be some safety factor that keeps them from adding much more.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior