Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2015 Moomba Mojo wetsounds MC 20 Upgrade

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has upgraded their fusion stereo to a wetsounds MC 20? My fusion stereo locked up on the splash screen so I figured it was time to upgrade. Wanted to see what others did to get to fit on their dash or below it. I’m not really feeling like wanting to hack up the dash but am open to ideas.

Thanks for the help and ideas,

Jon
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    2021 Dodge Ram 1500

Not a cheap option but the fusion ms 210 replaced directly in the dash. It’s not a perfect fit but I was able to make it work without new holes.

I hindsight, I’d probably leave the old fusion in place, disconnect power and just use a WS or Exile BT adapter.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Look like we all have the same problem this season. I was listening to mine while summerizing....1hr later start the engine and boom splash screen only.

I might look into the BT adapters. We don't use anything my streaming service anyway. The USB port was nice to keep the phone charged though.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

we shopped a lot of Hu's before deciding on the fusion unit. wetsounds stuff is quite expensive however their speakers are some of the better offerings when compared to their competition. when looking at electronics tho, I have found that there are much better ways to spend a buck than paying for that name on the cover.

I will also caution you to stay away from any of the JL HU offerings. we had one of their HU's in an old tige and it was the worst HU I have ever owned in anything with a motor. constantly losing it's signal and unable to play an entire file of music off a usb drive without requiring dozens of resets. they make some crazy subs and amps but their HU engineers apparently fell asleep during design.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Well I decided to modify the dash slightly and make a temporary mount plate. Here’s what it currently looks like before the wire management. I’m planning on getting a cleaner plate made in the coming weeks but this at least gets me back on the water this weekend. I have been pretty happy with the radio so far. Was easy to wire and set up by piggy backing off the existing wiring harness.

A3895C69-42DF-4CCB-859A-F24AB1D2B25B.jpgA3895C69-42DF-4CCB-859A-F24AB1D2B25B.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    2021 Dodge Ram 1500

Looking into this option.
    How did the mc-20 work out?
    My 205 died while summerizing and then the new 210 died today 2nd time out with it.
    I checked all my wiring and nothing is shorted. Good power to the radio clean without AC voltage. It must be the constant power on/off surging them.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Looking into this option.
    How did the mc-20 work out?
    My 205 died while summerizing and then the new 210 died today 2nd time out with it.
    I checked all my wiring and nothing is shorted. Good power to the radio clean without AC voltage. It must be the constant power on/off surging them.
    Hey man, be sure to check to see if your harness into the back of the 210 is making a good connection first. I had some crazy issues with mine during install that turned out to be as such.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Yeah....did all that. I went through the reset multiple times.
    We got back from the lake, I pulled it and bench tested it without any luck.

FUSION screen, flash (like it's booting), back to FUSION screen and nothing.i was reading the transom remote can get water in it over time and short out the head unit, but not sure how. Also, the transom remote works fine. It just says waiting on radio.

The NMEA2000 network is like industrial ControlNet, and power with the 210 is supplied by a different cable not the radio like the 205. I'm thinking I just got a bad one, or the surge from on/off cycles kills it.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Just got off the phone with Garmin/Fusion tech support. Basically said the stereos should be on a separate switch that you turn on after the boat is running.

My new 210 is dead and they are saying this isn't normal since the 210 cpu and hardware is more robust than the 205.

Returning the 210 today and still trying to see what my next step is going to be.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Just got off the phone with Garmin/Fusion tech support. Basically said the stereos should be on a separate switch that you turn on after the boat is running.

My new 210 is dead and they are saying this isn't normal since the 210 cpu and hardware is more robust than the 205.

Returning the 210 today and still trying to see what my next step is going to be.

Hey HMB,

The wetsounds Mc-20 has worked for me with no problems. Wiring was pretty easy to. I just used the same wiring harness as the fusion. Hardest part was mounting it into the dash. I made a temporary plate to mount it to.

Jon
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    2021 Dodge Ram 1500