Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ok, my assumptions about the actuators being a "special" non-catalog model for moomba was correct.

per Lenco, specs for the 9L HP 4 actuator are:
    12 volt - 2.5 normal to 20amp max – 1.25 inch stroke – 5/16 inch upper mounting hole
    3/8 inch lower mounting hole – 10 inches hole to hole
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    ok, my assumptions about the actuators being a "special" non-catalog model for moomba was correct.

per Lenco, specs for the 9L HP 4 actuator are:
    12 volt - 2.5 normal to 20amp max – 1.25 inch stroke – 5/16 inch upper mounting hole
    3/8 inch lower mounting hole – 10 inches hole to hole
    That is good info. So are you getting full stroke out of your actuators?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    That is good info. So are you getting full stroke out of your actuators?
    i would say so, im not sure what tolerance they have, but quick measuring with calipers i got a solid 1.13"

Curious... why is the default 100. I guess I'm wondering because it seems like the nose of the boat is already down, I'm thinking at speeds less than 7 mph. For me, the nose almost seems too low. (The anchor for the trailer wench is at water line). Also, if the center plate is all the way down, isn't it creating a certain amount of drag at low speeds? Would it be easier to maneuver / dock at low speeds and reverse with the plates all the way up?
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)

well, found something else to add to the warranty list when i go in for 20hr tuneup. Starboard surf plate actuator sticks or is stripped out... I can get it to move if i apply pressure when it is activated, otherwise it just holds whatever position it was in. The flow3 tabs both work fine, it is just the main actuator for that tab.

explains why the other day i was out the wave went to shit.

also getting more air than i would expect in rear ballast, causing a timing issue where one side isnt fully draining and i have to reset and re-run it to empty.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    well, found something else to add to the warranty list when i go in for 20hr tuneup. Starboard surf plate actuator sticks or is stripped out... I can get it to move if i apply pressure when it is activated, otherwise it just holds whatever position it was in. The flow3 tabs both work fine, it is just the main actuator for that tab.

explains why the other day i was out the wave went to shit.

also getting more air than i would expect in rear ballast, causing a timing issue where one side isnt fully draining and i have to reset and re-run it to empty.
    How many hours do you have left until your 20hr? Hopefully your dealer can get you in and out quick. Ya they will hold quite a but of air. You have to "bleed" them every time you fill to be completely full. The little self venting bladders can't keep up with the venting required.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    How many hours do you have left until your 20hr? Hopefully your dealer can get you in and out quick. Ya they will hold quite a but of air. You have to "bleed" them every time you fill to be completely full. The little self venting bladders can't keep up with the venting required.
    yeah, figured that out quick about the vents... still beats throwing a hose/pump over and filling manually.

I called the dealer today, i guess i can go in 10-30 hours... im gonna take it in a week and a half, next weekend is supposed to be nice, and it will take at least 2 days for them to do their thing. plus, im right over 10 hours, i want to get a few more on before i go in.

They said they have actuators in stock usually, so fingers crossed it is a 48hr turnaround. I really want to take the suspect actuator apart and see what failed. or if something is just loose.