Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default wakeplate travel and flow 3.0?

playing on my boat in my shop last night, decided to take a look at the wakeplate travel, more out of curiosity, as i wondered if you could accidentally flip surf on and damage the plate on the trailer.

well, surf tabs wont hit the trailer, but will hit the transom straps if they are still on. But I ended up with a couple concerns/questions:

for the Flow 3.0, do the added actuators only activate in the water, or when autowake is set? they didnt move with the surf side switch on.

MAIN CONCERN I noticed the wake plate actuator only went out about 1-2 inches, AND travel stopped at about 30-35% is this normal?

If i ran the WP to 0, it would re-zero, and travel would stop at 65-70. and if i ran to 100 (which is default when you turn key on) travel would stop at about 35-30.

wondering if anyone else noticed this, and if it is normal operation.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

also noticed the settings (3 lines) button is non responsive... i dont think the boat needs to be running for it to work?

Autowake does some dark magic stuff, so I won't try to explain it. But, I do know that you have no control over the little secondary tabs on the flow 3. They are fully controlled by the magic of the boat

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Autowake does some dark magic stuff, so I won't try to explain it. But, I do know that you have no control over the little secondary tabs on the flow 3. They are fully controlled by the magic of the boat

thats what i was thinking... the main WP is my main concern, not sure if its a calibration issue, or if the actuator is bad

It was my understanding that your displacement played a roll in the tabs as well so there would be a different response in the water with all your ballasts full etc.....

What’s the point of the secondary tabs on the 3.0 system? Could you add small L shaped pieces of aluminum to the 2.0 system to give it extra yaw? Which is what I’m assuming the 3.0 system does.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    What’s the point of the secondary tabs on the 3.0 system? Could you add small L shaped pieces of aluminum to the 2.0 system to give it extra yaw? Which is what I’m assuming the 3.0 system does.
    That's exactly what that extra tab does. Give it Yaw that is. I am sure welded tabs could create yaw. Some of the tab systems out there do have a unique shape to them to do that. The trick is finding out how much to give it. Depending on your hull shape, the tab shape would be different too. Yaw is used to clean up the wave a bit if needed. The adjustable flow 3 system allows the yaw to be varied depending on your ballast load and speed. Again, some of that "magic formula" . Or what SC would prefer to call Research! And it is.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I wish we had some of that equation. I would mind drilling a few holes in my surf tabs to add some l shaped aluminum if I knew it would help and not be a waste of time.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

ok, so figured out that the settings button works, i was just not pushing hard enough. They used a thick rubber button to push a tactile switch, so there is subtle click when pressed hard enough.

I did find in the settings menu surf and yaw plate reset. but that looks like it is only if they get stuck down or something.

anyone know what the dealer options are? I am still wondering about the travel for the wakeplate. Can anyone verify length of travel, and/or if it moves 0-100 or are others getting limited 0-70 or 30-100 movement?

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I wish we had some of that equation. I would mind drilling a few holes in my surf tabs to add some l shaped aluminum if I knew it would help and not be a waste of time.
    honestly better off trying the GSA style, and add some fins to the tabs to help direct the water out more. ultimately though, the basic dimensions of the wave are all based on displacement and hull shape.