Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

found lencos catalog, looks like they have 2 options for travel, 2.25 and 4.25, im going to go measure and see

http://www.delzer.com/oneasg/lenco/36/
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    found lencos catalog, looks like they have 2 options for travel, 2.25 and 4.25, im going to go measure and see

http://www.delzer.com/oneasg/lenco/36/
    ok, actuator measures 10in, and seems to be a 101 XDS model, but the branding is 9L HP 4 on all 5 actuators. not listed on lencos sheet so it may be a custom config with reduced actuation.

mine are only extending 1.125", half of lencos shortest one listed.

ok, so figured out that the settings button works, i was just not pushing hard enough. They used a thick rubber button to push a tactile switch, so there is subtle click when pressed hard enough.

I did find in the settings menu surf and yaw plate reset. but that looks like it is only if they get stuck down or something.

anyone know what the dealer options are? I am still wondering about the travel for the wakeplate. Can anyone verify length of travel, and/or if it moves 0-100 or are others getting limited 0-70 or 30-100 movement?
    Mine definitely goes from 0-100 on the screen. If no one has a measurement to you by Friday I'll get you one. There is a dealer options menu but not sure that would really help you.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I wish we had some of that equation. I would mind drilling a few holes in my surf tabs to add some l shaped aluminum if I knew it would help and not be a waste of time.
    You would be better off cutting the plate adding a hinge with some bracketry and a turnbuckle to replicate the way 3.0 works. You would have to adjust them manually when needed. At first when I saw 3.0 I thought about taking my plates off and having them press broken to replicate but with the "Go Home Leveling" and Launch Assist (I think that is what it is called) the Flow plates are used so you need to be able to return the little tab to a neutral position so that option was out. In the end all 3.0 really does is make your wave a bit cleaner with a degree or 2 less roll. I decided it was something I could live without considering transfers aren't all that important to me and my crew but don't get me wrong if I built a new boat I would definitely option it with it lol
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Mine definitely goes from 0-100 on the screen. If no one has a measurement to you by Friday I'll get you one. There is a dealer options menu but not sure that would really help you.
    mine goes 0-100 on screen as well, it is just that the physical travel is only 0-70 or 100-30 depended where you start.

also, noticed that the surf plates max out at 90, but the manual adjustment on screen with the -/+ goes to 100, yet the "actual" on screen stops at 90

im thinking these may just be misses on the software end. I also emailed LENCO for specs, the fact that my actuators are not listed makes me worry a little bit less about the super short travel.

mine goes 0-100 on screen as well, it is just that the physical travel is only 0-70 or 100-30 depended where you start.

also, noticed that the surf plates max out at 90, but the manual adjustment on screen with the -/+ goes to 100, yet the "actual" on screen stops at 90

im thinking these may just be misses on the software end. I also emailed LENCO for specs, the fact that my actuators are not listed makes me worry a little bit less about the super short travel.
    Are you having issues with your wave or just analyzing the tab travel?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Are you having issues with your wave or just analyzing the tab travel?
    just overanalyzing the tab... the engineer in me gets hung up on the details.

I completely understand. I do the same.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". That's what Jeff Goldblum said on Jurassic park! LOL! I sometimes get like that too, and I think back to an old professor I had in college when we were doing some thermodynamics lab experiments on cooling towers. This was back in the day of using green graph paper and the little black and white lab notebooks to record everything. He looked over what several of the groups were doing at the time and said: " Just because you can record a data point doesn't mean you should". You have to be able to know which type of data is important and what it will tell you. If your not careful, you will end up with lots of numbers and graphs that dont really contain useful information, and won't do anything but confuse you." He was very right I think.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". That's what Jeff Goldblum said on Jurassic park! LOL! I sometimes get like that too, and I think back to an old professor I had in college when we were doing some thermodynamics lab experiments on cooling towers. This was back in the day of using green graph paper and the little black and white lab notebooks to record everything. He looked over what several of the groups were doing at the time and said: " Just because you can record a data point doesn't mean you should". You have to be able to know which type of data is important and what it will tell you. If your not careful, you will end up with lots of numbers and graphs that dont really contain useful information, and won't do anything but confuse you." He was very right I think.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    totally... i am a Mech E. so i get it. it just bothers me that the screen (0-100) does not match end to end in physical form. I am fine with the travel, or lack thereof if that is how it was best engineered. I am assuming/hoping that running the actuator for 30% at the end without travel doesnt cause premature wear or something.