Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dripless seal is dripping

So 2015 Mojo. Supposed to be the dripless seal, correct?

Summerizing took place today, took no time at all. Hooked up fake a lake and ran to 165* and checked all the normal things. Saw a little water under the v!drive and sure enough a drip every 2 seconds. I engaged the prop at idle speed and the drip got worse but nothing crazy.

My question, how hard is this fix? It looks to be 4 bolts to disconnect, pull shaft, replace seal, re-install, but nothing is ever that simple.

Also, listening to the radio while doing my work. Fired the boat and the RA205 is now stuck on the FUSION splash screen. Is this toast now?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Some more sesrching....radio is most likely dead...upgrade to RA210 or something else?
    Dripless seal doesn't look horrible to change. Anyone that has done in, how hard is the shaft/coupler to get off? This is my only concern. And which new seal, PSS, OJ??
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So water was dripping under the boat from the shaft? That would be normal, it’s water cooled.

If you mean in the boat water was coming in from the shaft seal while using the fake a lake that would be really weird. If you end up replacing the seal buy a glide drip less, they are great quality. I replaced mine a year or so ago, it was a bit of a project, but not terrible. You need a special tool, Ron tanis sells them from his website, can’t remember what it was but he also has a YouTube channel that explains it.

Bummer on the radio, I’m counting the days until mine goes out.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

This is the coupling separator you will need, plus a few hefty wrenches because the shaft really doesn’t want to come loose!
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    ACME 2315

Yeah the dripless seal is acting like a dripping packed seal.
    There is water coming out of the front in the hull. I know it is supposed to drip under the boat since it is being water cooled.

I found the 1-1/8 guide seal. Cost isn't bad just concerned about time. Season is just starting so better now then mid-season.

The radio sucks...it was working the whole time I was putting plugs back in and cleaning. Fired engine on fak a lake and boom nothing but the splash screen.

Looks like a new RA210 is in my future.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

About the Glide dripless seal. 1.125 shaft any idea what length you ordered?

I'm not sure where to take the measurement on the old unit.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Not sure on length, just ordered it from the dealer
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    ACME 2315

Ordered from Glide this morning.
    1.125 x 1.75 (shaft size x mounting port size) not length. My mistake on the last question.

I went ahead and ordered new strut bearings also. I don't have a vibration or anything but I have to take the shaft out already and don't want to do it twice. They gave me a deal and is adding in some swag to sweeten the mess I'm about to be in.

I am making that coupler tool myself. I had some scrap around and an old harmonic balancer puller I can modify to fit. Hopefully this comes apart easier than I am stressing over.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So, the dripless seal... we had ours leak last year during summerization as well. Dealer said the transmission had shifted, putting the shaft out of center, most likely due the previous owner hitting something with the prop, ruining the seal. We had noticed excessive water coming into the bilge which was from the seal. Dealer said they had to remove the boat floor to make the fixes. Depending on why you seal is leaking, you may be in for a good time.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

No damage that I can tell.
    The boat and seal have 570hrs on it. Shaft is straight based on runout. My seal never made my bilge run, it was just a nuisance having 3-5 gallons in the bilge after a day on the lake. I think it just wore out.
    Was your shaft contacting the thru-hull port. Mine isn't completely center vertically but is horizontally. There is clearance all the way around the prop shaft.
    I'll keep you guys updated. Starting tear down Wednesday.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow