Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New actuators install issues

Hi there one of my actuators on the port side has frozen up I bought two new actuators that Moombah said is appropriate for my Mobius 2006. Unfortunately when I place him next to the old actuators they seem to be angled down to the ground more so than the old ones making the plate not angle right (see pics). Has anyone had issues with replacing their actuators? Do I need to soften the top part of the actuators to bend it up a bit to make the appropriate angle to make it fit?010268C2-7418-4C7C-82E8-2CCC536CF4F5.jpg53355179-0E4A-4725-98E3-F9CFA74CC9A9.jpg010268C2-7418-4C7C-82E8-2CCC536CF4F5.jpg53355179-0E4A-4725-98E3-F9CFA74CC9A9.jpg

You could try unscrewing the actuator body, leave the original hinge part attached to your boat and screw on the new body and piston. Give Bennett a call. They have excellent customer service and will send you rebuild kits for no charge. Basically just O-rings.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

So are you saying only one end of the actuator has a pivot on it?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Isn’t the only difference the mounted (old) actuator is just extended a bit in your picture and the new one is fully retracted? At least that is how it looks.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Default Actuators

Yeah maybe ask for a rebuild kit I might do that because I asked if I could use the body of the ones that I received from them and they said it’s not compatible with the old mounting bracket

Default Hi Hfar

Yes only the side that is attached to the wake plate has a hinge the other Attach the Trentham is fixed

Default Hay BigOrange

If you look Closely in the picture the new actuator is angled more towards the ground compared to the old one but yes the new actuator is fully retracted and the other actuator is all the way out. I retracted the old actuator that was still working but the new actuator still pushed the plate to far down.

Default The parts guy got back to me

He checked with Skier’s choice and they ensure that that is the correct Ram for my 06 mobius. He stated over the 16 year the plastic could have flexed to the position that it is in now. I just wish there was a picture I can compare what the tabs should look like all the way up and all the way down. If anybody has pics of a new wake plate ram set up please shoot it my way. Thx

To be honest, I am trying to wrap my head around how it's working without the actuator being able to pivot at both ends if the plate is on a continuous hinge with a single point of rotation. That plastic where it mounts to the boat must be flexing.

2021 Moomba Makai

OR. Is there a sliding mechanism or slot that is on the end where it mounts to the wake plate?

2021 Moomba Makai