Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Keep tunes playing when stopping/starting engine?

Hi guys, first post. I'm a brand-new Moomba 2017 Mondo owner and love the boat. We just started using it (Gun Lake, MI) and one simple thing is such a downer. After a run of surfing or whatnot, I do the right thing and shut the engine off while we switch riders, but shutting the engine off turns the radio off immediately. The radio will come back on automatically in about 30-45 seconds, but what a buzz kill to be listening to tunes and having a good time, and all of a sudden.. no radio. oh, just wait.. it'll be back on.

Is this normal or am I missing a setting or procedure?

Is there a way to start/stop the engine, while keeping the tunes playing in a stock boat?

Thanks!

You will neee to rewrite the power for the radio to an acc switch. This is one of the things I'm going to do when I put the stereo in the new boat. Hate when the tunes cut on and off when starting/stopping the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    You will neee to rewrite the power for the radio to an acc switch. This is one of the things I'm going to do when I put the stereo in the new boat. Hate when the tunes cut on and off when starting/stopping the engine

Can you share a writeup when you do this? I'd definitely like to do the same...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Me too

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

Stereo Switch.JPG

I have a Stereo Switch on my dash. I can have all power off and as long as my battery switch is in the on position 1, 2 or 1 and 2 I can have tunes playing. Figured this would be pretty standard on at least Supra's.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Sure but it's fairly straight forward. Just need to find the power and ground for the stereo and run them to the battery, then find the turn on wire for the stereo and run it to an acc switch and from there to the 12V power wire you ran to the battery

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hinojosa, Just have Rinker's do it when they do your 20hr service. That's what I did. Upgraded my ballast at the same time.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Hinojosa, Just have Rinker's do it when they do your 20hr service. That's what I did. Upgraded my ballast at the same time.
    Nice! What ballast did you go with? 1140s or Enzos?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

<Hijack>
    i just had them install 1100's. Seems to have done the trick, but i'll tell ya, they don't fill all the way. Some % of the bag is under the forward divider and under the rear seats. which the divider prevents the bags from getting 100% full. Enzo bags (or ideally custom bags) would be best. But again, the 1100's seem to do the trick as I am able to surf ropeless now (and for reference, i'm a shade over 200 lbs, w/a crappy CWB Ride surf board).
    We're about 95% sure we're going to Lake Belton this weekend... ever been? Should be a great place for you to get that beautiful Craz up to.
    </Hijack>

OP, yes, it's easily fixable. either thru your own effort or a few bucks thrown at your dealer.
    2016 Craz

Not sure if this helps or not but when I upgraded my stereo the installer made it so it doesn't shut off with the engine. Not sure what he did but it doesn't shut off. I don't have a stereo switch either.

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers