Default Better to teach someone to surf with skim or surf style?

Just curious which style board you think is easier to learn to surf on. We only have skims and love them, and use them to teach people all the time and haven't had any issues with people picking it up pretty easily. Just wondering which style boards you guys use to teach a first timer?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

always skim. surf is too hard from our years of experience.
    my go to for noobs used to be a broadcast but the last 5-7 years I used an old phase5 daniello pro board. lots got up on that one... had some luck with a cwb ride but it's a real heavy board so lighter noobs struggled with it. the daniello pro is super lightweight which seems to make a difference.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Just curious which style board you think is easier to learn to surf on. We only have skims and love them, and use them to teach people all the time and haven't had any issues with people picking it up pretty easily. Just wondering which style boards you guys use to teach a first timer?
    I use a surf board b/c the fins are more locked-in for adults.

I have a skim for kids, but I purchased larger fins for that. Switched the 1.0 fins for 2.0. It helps.
    2018 Supra SL400

I've got a couple of hybrid boards that end up being the learners. (Ronix Fish Skim and a Conelly Ride)
    Anyone I put on my matrix just slips out almost immediately and gets frustrated fast.
    Having some deeper fins helps lock in the board if they haven't figured out how to center their weight yet.

Everyone starts on the Conelly its just a great cruiser board, then they move to the Ronix when they want a little more maneuverability then up to a "real" board if they get that far lol
    2020 Supra SA