Default Leaks detection warning?

took the boat out for its maiden voyage this last weekend. everything worked great, still figuring out how to dial in the surf wave.

When filling the ballasts, i got an onscreen warning a couple times saying leak detected (port side) and to check the bags. I did not see any leaks, so im not sure what triggers the warning? Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when checking bags, i noticed the bags pressing up against the sharp fiberglass corner under the side bench seats. I have added some rubber edge guard as i see this being a potential failure later

another issue i found was a small leak where the garmin thru-hull sensor is. I will have them address that when i go in for the mandatory 20hour tuneup.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

If you need help dialing a wave in these 2 videos will help you get there the quickest. Get some lead and use Robert's settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_JmlJhCkNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD1wEPrSWuw&t=400s

As far as the leak detection Matt Brown with skiers had an entire write up on this. Here it is.

"Random tips of the day – Leak detection

Another new feature in the 2022 Moomba software is what we call “leak detection”. As the name implies, this feature is to help determine if possible leaks are happening in the ballast system. But it actually does more than that. Let me explain a little more how it works. All the 2022 Moomba models now have a full length tube style ballast sensor on the rear ballast compartments. The tube is located in the rear of the boat and as the ballast fills in the bag, the water level rises in the tube sensor. The sensor then can tell exactly how much water is in the bag. “Leak detection” is mainly focused on the “filling” side of the system. We will discuss “Autofill” later and that really focuses more on the keeping the level at the same spot. As the system fills, the “Leak detection” feature is looking at 2 things. We call it “threshold” and “trigger”. The “threshold” is the ballast gauge % where the sensor starts looking for the “trigger”. That probably sounds confusing, so let’s try the default settings. The default settings are “threshold” of 50 and “trigger” of 1. So, when the ballast timers reach 50% of the fill time, the sensor looks to make sure it sees 1% of water in the tube. If it sees water, then it continues to fill with no problem. If it doesn’t, then it sends a popup saying possible leak in the ballast system. The first question might be why is the threshold so high? On some models, the tube sensor is actually located about 8 inches higher than the bottom of the bag and on some models the bags are over 100 inches long. So, it takes quite a while for the water in the bag to reach the bottom of the sensor. Some models the sensor is at the bottom of the bag, but for default reasons we made it for worst case.

Ok, that is how the software works. But lets dive into possible issues or times when you might see an “incorrect” leak detection warning. As I said, the software is actually looking at the percentage of the fill TIME. Unfortunately, even with all the sensors and logic, we still have to use timers for the ballast. As I said, some sensors are higher than the bag, some bags are not simple designs and have sections that raise higher than others, so just relying on the sensors would lead to very confusing ballast gauges. So, we use timers for the actual gauge number that is broadcast on the screen. A few years ago we introduced “ballast timer Autocalibration” so I will not discuss that here, but we are constantly working to try and get the timers accurate and we are constantly watching how you use your system and the timers automatically change based on that. However, if you reset the software and do not change the timers, then you will very likely get a leak detection warning on some models. The reason is because the default fill time on software reboot is 5 min 30 sec. Most models require closer to 7 minutes and if you happen to have a 3 pump system it might take over 10 minutes. So, if the boat really requires 3 minutes and 30 seconds before the sensor sees water, but your timers are set for 5 min 30 sec, then at 2 min 45 sec (50% of 5:30), it is likely that the sensor does not see water and will give the leak detection popup. In this case, if you just get your timers accurate, then that will probably correct the problem.

Another time that you might get the popup is if your ballast pump impellors are showing wear. Again, if you had the software working properly the “ballast timer Autocalibration” should see the increase time needed and auto update your timers, but again, if you reload software and don’t get time right, then you could get popup. However, this might also be a good thing because if you get this popup quite a bit, then it might mean you do need to change your impellors or something is not working properly with the filling side of your system. Hence one of the reasons why we added this software. If you are seeing this case, you can also get with your dealer and on the development pages, you can actually watch this software logic work. You can see the timers AND the sensors at the same time. Watching that can help you understand better how your system is actually performing and can either help you adjust ballast timers or threshold points or trigger points. Again, if none of that makes sense, get with your dealer.

Obviously another reason why you might get this popup is if you really do have a leak. While we have made big improvements on the bags and fittings, it is possible to have issues with bags or fittings. Again, if you had a leaking bag or fitting, then the sensor would not see water at the correct time in the sensor and you might get this popup. Again, if you do get this popup, simply check the bags and bilge area. If you have excess water, then you should investigate for possible leaks. If you don’t have water in the bilge, then check timers.

The last issue you might have is if you are loading 2022 software on a boat that does not have tube style sensors in the rear. Some of the older models only had flow sensors. In that case, you would obviously not see water in the sensor because the sensor is not present. In that case, you would need to get your dealers help to access the development page and you would want to adjust your threshold to 100. If you did that, it should basically turn this logic off and you should not have the popup anymore.

Ok, hope that helps. I am sure there is more to this logic, but I wanted to give you guys more info into how it works and why. We are also sharing this information again with our dealers so that hopefully if you do have questions, they have this same information and everyone can be on the same page."
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

awesome! thank you!
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    awesome! thank you!
    Ya no problem at all!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead