Default Interesting report

I live on a small inland lake in michigan.(300 acres).Our lake association tests water clarity every year.The last few years it has become less clear.They partially blame wake boats. The university of Minnesota did a study of the effect of large wakes versus normal boat wakes.The study tested the effect of large wakes on shoreline,dock,and boat damage and how these boats churn up the lake bottom on shallow lakes(which ours is)causing more sediment in the water. Interesting to think about?
    jy

My lake is only around 175 acres. Several boats throw huge wakes every weekend including mine and water is super clear. Can see the bottom at end of my dock np and it's around 7-10 feet deep depending on water level. No doubt it affects seawalls and shoreline but as someone who lives on the lake that's just part of living there imo.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by james yarosz View Post
    I live on a small inland lake in michigan.(300 acres).Our lake association tests water clarity every year.The last few years it has become less clear.They partially blame wake boats. The university of Minnesota did a study of the effect of large wakes versus normal boat wakes.The study tested the effect of large wakes on shoreline,dock,and boat damage and how these boats churn up the lake bottom on shallow lakes(which ours is)causing more sediment in the water. Interesting to think about?
    its always the lake Karens complaining about people having fun lol. i doubt the wake boats are to blame for water clarity.

wakeboats do pose a risk to high speed flat bottoms tho... people have been killed hitting wakes at high speed, so there are some lakes that ban wakeboats for that reason.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

In michigan, the zebra mussels clarify the water. End of story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

https://pamplinmedia.com/wsp/134-new...t-unanimously-

Welcome to Oregon, home of No Fun For You.

Some areas are pretty narrow and get dicey. When we head anywhere down there it's usually just a booze cruise and site seeing.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    its always the lake Karens complaining about people having fun lol. i doubt the wake boats are to blame for water clarity.

wakeboats do pose a risk to high speed flat bottoms tho... people have been killed hitting wakes at high speed, so there are some lakes that ban wakeboats for that reason.
    Wake boats are just doing their part to slow down crazy drivers! Placing temporary speed bumps around the lake! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Tennessee passed several laws pertaining to wake sports this past year but honestly they were all common sense and unnecessary. Things like distance from shoreline and no riding on sundeck. There was something else in there but cant remember what it was.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Wake boats are just doing their part to slow down crazy drivers! Placing temporary speed bumps around the lake! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    exactly
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior