Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Well my boating season is off to the latest start that I've ever had. Normally I'm in the Water by April 1st or before. But I've been mountain biking a lot and unfortunately getting launched over the bars and Landing squarely on my collarbone isn't going to do my boating season any favors...

I got a few projects that I need addressed before I can put it in the water and crawling around and wrenching on the boat is not possible right now.

On a good note however I was able to come up with a great solution for a code reader for mefi5. It's a system from Fox Marine that costs about $325 and I read the info on a $5 bluetooth app. Descending unit from Fox Marine is actually now hardwired into my boat. So now I can read and clear codes as well as see how many bazillion hours I have on the engine.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Having a ballast hose come undone is absolutely nothing in comparison to having one of the 4" wet exhaust hoses or when you're in the middle of the lake or the river... Ask me how I know.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    $5.09 a gallon but worth it.....
    Thats what we pay for 87 here are our local gas stations (okay 4.79 for 87 at Costco but everything's over $5 everywhere else).

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Having a ballast hose come undone is absolutely nothing in comparison to having one of the 4" wet exhaust hoses or when you're in the middle of the lake or the river... Ask me how I know.

My favorite was when the fitting for the hose to the oil cooler blew. On the oil side. A $15 fitting resulted in the need to completely clean the engine compartment and bilge and resulted in absolute terror relating to how to get the boat back on the trailer.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    My favorite was when the fitting for the hose to the oil cooler blew. On the oil side. A $15 fitting resulted in the need to completely clean the engine compartment and bilge and resulted in absolute terror relating to how to get the boat back on the trailer.
    That's literally a hot mess

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Well my boating season is off to the latest start that I've ever had. Normally I'm in the Water by April 1st or before. But I've been mountain biking a lot and unfortunately getting launched over the bars and Landing squarely on my collarbone isn't going to do my boating season any favors...

I got a few projects that I need addressed before I can put it in the water and crawling around and wrenching on the boat is not possible right now.

On a good note however I was able to come up with a great solution for a code reader for mefi5. It's a system from Fox Marine that costs about $325 and I read the info on a $5 bluetooth app. Descending unit from Fox Marine is actually now hardwired into my boat. So now I can read and clear codes as well as see how many bazillion hours I have on the engine.

Man that baby really snapped! Ouch!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Took the last picture of the XLV on its way to meet the new owner.
    Stripped everything off the tower since he had a 3.5hr drive home with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    Took the last picture of the XLV on its way to meet the new owner.
    Stripped everything off the tower since he had a 3.5hr drive home with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.5 hours? Big deal. I drive that on a few different trips every summer and my tower has some pretty ridiculous amount of stuff on it.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

3.5 hours? Big deal. I drive that on a few different trips every summer and my tower has some pretty ridiculous amount of stuff on it.

Same here. 6+ hours each way. No problems at all.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Yeah man, but everything on there causes drag, and gas just went up again! LOL! If it's being sold and he doesn't have to put it back on again, strip it down babby!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub