Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did not start first try - 2017 Supra SA

I have had this boat for three summers and never had an issue. This year I have been out three times. This has happened twice.

Boat starts great. Runs great. Surf and wakeboard all good. Two different times I go to restart after sitting to change surfers or maybe chill and it won’t start. First time I checked every fuse and breaker assuming we were about to get a tow. I checked the throttle control and it was in nuetral. I wiggled it engaged and unengaged and boat fired up. It happened one other time and similar outcome after messing with throttle control. Anyone experienced this? Before digging into the auto cutoff and removing entire throttle control was hoping maybe someone else had similar issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I don’t have direct experience with this but I do have the same boat and just had fuel issues that I was able to remedy with some help.

I did a bunch of research too and easy things to look for

1 - do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key to ignition but not crank? Should run about 4-6 seconds

2 - check your fuel pump relay if the pump is working. Could be on its way out and can do so without warning. It’s located on the top of the engine, port side below the raptor engine cover.

Beyond this I am not sure what other issues could be besides a failing starter or battery cell.

Default Did not start first try - 2017 Supra SA

I will listen for fuel pump. Never really paid attention to it. I figured the fuel pump would throw a code. Maybe not

I also wondered about the start getting bad. It does not drag or sound different when starting so I kind of ruled the starter out.

2017 Supra SA

Eder,

I take it the boat is all good now?
    Just a relay?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Eder,

I take it the boat is all good now?
    Just a relay?
    Yes!!! Relay and I changed the filter as well. Many thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    I don’t have direct experience with this but I do have the same boat and just had fuel issues that I was able to remedy with some help.

I did a bunch of research too and easy things to look for

1 - do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key to ignition but not crank? Should run about 4-6 seconds

2 - check your fuel pump relay if the pump is working. Could be on its way out and can do so without warning. It’s located on the top of the engine, port side below the raptor engine cover.

Beyond this I am not sure what other issues could be besides a failing starter or battery cell.

What was your boat doing? Symptoms?

2017 Supra SA

Russel, next time out, do this....turn the key on, let everything boot up all the way, turn key off, turn on again going through the full cycle. See if it cranks. If so, it is most likely your fuel pressure regulator going bad. Mine was doing that, dealer swapped, easy fix, hasn't done it since.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    What was your boat doing? Symptoms?

Loss of power when under load or higher rpm’s. I did get a code for low main fuel pressure though. Otherwise she’d idle fine and start with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Russel, next time out, do this....turn the key on, let everything boot up all the way, turn key off, turn on again going through the full cycle. See if it cranks. If so, it is most likely your fuel pressure regulator going bad. Mine was doing that, dealer swapped, easy fix, hasn't done it since.
    Will give this a try for sure. Thanks

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Loss of power when under load or higher rpm’s. I did get a code for low main fuel pressure though. Otherwise she’d idle fine and start with no problem.

Ok. Have not experienced those things. Doesn’t mean it is on the way out though. I feel like I need to go to the lake today instead of working to try these things out.

2017 Supra SA