Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Probably wont affect our boarding time, but going to notice it for sure, will likely limit our any trips across the lake for cruising. Especially since we stay out all weekend pulling our 5th wheel to the lake with us. Feeding 2 trucks and a boat will add up quickly with $5 diesel.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Actually an interesting post @mgswake. I'm really not sure if the majority of modern wake boat owners are insulated from the rising price of gas. I had a friend who sold Porsches (before the SUV craze) and Aston's and I remember asking him how much a typical buyer "made". He responded, "These guys don't have income. They have wealth".

Although the families buying Paragons, M240's, Ri265, and the like are probably ones who have "wealth", I bet the vast majority of current gen boaters are like me. After decades of hard work and dues paying, I'm blessed with a good income and am investing to retire, but by no means do I have "wealth". I have to be physically present at my job to have earning power. Admittedly, my $600 dollar boat payment + yearly registration + insurance +maintenance is pretty easy to carry.

However, if going up to the lake even for a few hours becomes a $300 proposition instead of $150, I will start to feel it for sure if I continue to go twice a week like I did last year. I can see myself not going for those quick "evening runs" like I did last season. In the last 2 years everything has gone up save for my paycheck. Hell, the truck I would have dropped 50k for two years ago, will probably cost me 70K!!

Unless there is some sort of correction, inflation has also changed my longer term boat plans. I honestly thought I would have my current boat for about 2- 3 seasons, get used to V-Drive boating, then upgrade to my dream boat, which is a Supra SL. That was a feasible plan not too long ago. After going to the boat show though in February and talking to dealers, I'm flat ass priced out of the market. And this is coming from someone who is very easily in the top 5% income threshold . I seriously don't know how so many people do it.

That being said... Paradoxically...There is nothing that can make me forget our country's sad state of economic affairs faster than being out on the lake at sunset. It's pure heaven.
    I completely see your logic here and agree that that's the majority of boaters story.
    I struggle to understand how most people do it as well.
    Different people have different views on financial responsibility is what it comes down to I think.
    2020 Supra SA

Just took delivery of our 22 mojo little over a month ago so gas won’t be deterring me. Saw gas prices like this before here in ohio but the bigger tank will make me cringe a bit at fill up lol. May look at a gas caddy this year but I’ve always looked at it like, I have to drive into town fill up 1 big gas caddy or a ton of smaller tanks then drag or carry all to the dock and add to boat. Or I can just put around the point to the dock and drop in 100 bucks ( prolly little more this year due to bigger tank) and be good for the weekend. Sometimes more depending on fuel level. For me since me and my son are the only riders at this time and sometimes his buddy we don’t plow through gas unless the kiddos want me to punish them in the tube. That will change as my other kids grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    Just took delivery of our 22 mojo little over a month ago so gas won’t be deterring me. Saw gas prices like this before here in ohio but the bigger tank will make me cringe a bit at fill up lol. May look at a gas caddy this year but I’ve always looked at it like, I have to drive into town fill up 1 big gas caddy or a ton of smaller tanks then drag or carry all to the dock and add to boat. Or I can just put around the point to the dock and drop in 100 bucks ( prolly little more this year due to bigger tank) and be good for the weekend. Sometimes more depending on fuel level. For me since me and my son are the only riders at this time and sometimes his buddy we don’t plow through gas unless the kiddos want me to punish them in the tube. That will change as my other kids grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Congrats on the Mojo... Best bang for your buck in the market (well...tied for what I bought, but I'm biased lol)

2. Where the hell are the pics??????? That's the best part of the forum!
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

My short answer is FOOK NO!! it won't alter my boat time,

But lets face it I have less then 100hrs in 3 years and I own water front property LOL

Too much work and travel and not enough Boat in my life, but I just accepted a local job and I am out of the travel, I will be an ole 5 days 8hr a week man LOL.

But I have a couple of my best friends from OR coming in May and then Claudia has 15 of her sisters, friends. nieces, nephews coming in June so I expect to be buying fuel like there a hole in my tank LOL

I am already budgeting $200 a day while they are here
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-01-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My short answer is FOOK NO!! it won't alter my boat time,

But lets face it I have less then 100hrs in 3 years and I own water front property LOL

No much work and travel and not enough Boat in my life, but I just accepted a local job and I am out of the travel, I will be an ole 5 days 8hr a week man LOL.

But I have a couple of my best friends from OR coming in May and then Claudia has 15 of her sisters, friends. nieces, nephews coming in June so I expect to be buying flue like there a hole in my tank LOL

I am already budgeting $200 a day while they are here
    Buy a couple of Kayaks to keep them busy. And NO fuel For those! Or one of those cheap paddle boats that wear you out i like 10 minutes! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Better yet, just take them to Lake Lanier Islands!1

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I had said it would affect our time out on the lake previously but after going out yesterday and surf ing my new board I realized I dont care that much. I finally have a decent surf wave, I am getting further back from the boat, and getting it down on the skim board The wife doesnt mind the fuel bill so why should I worry about it. I trailer to the lake and fuel up wherever I findna deal on fuel so right now it doesnt matter much.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Better yet, just take them to Lake Lanier Islands!1

I would have to take them in the car, that's almost 1/2 tank of fuel each way LOL. It will all be good, I bet more time then not they will be on the dock swimming floating, it will be me ion the boat trying to get some relax time LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

on gas, if you are running 93 in a boat designed for 89, your pissing money away. run the octane they suggest and if you want to "treat" the boat, find non-ethanol. that's a better spend than putting premium in.
    agreed... also, how picky is the raptor? octane usually only matters when timing is advanced and/or high RPM how picky are these? i wonder how much it advances when loaded up in surf mode.

anyone run 87?
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior