Default 2017 SA 400 fuel pressure low code

Hey all. I hope I can gather some guidance from the indmar pros.

First trip of the season today and all was going perfect. Wife was on her first surf set when I got an error code

“Primary fuel pressure low” SPN 94 FMI 1

This has never been an issue before so I’m wanting to troubleshoot if possible before I take to dealer.

I’ve been reading it could be a clog in the fuel lines, the fuel filter, or a loose harness.

Any help identifying these or any other potential landmarks in the raptor 400 would be amazing.

Thanks y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you recently change the fuel filter?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Did you recently change the fuel filter?
    I have not. No

Fuel Filter is cheap insurance but is a pain to change. Starboard side behind the catalytic convertor and above the starter.

The pressure switch is downstream (above the filter) and the harness comes out toward the transmission. Check those first. Could have came loose or unplugged while summerizing/winterizing.

Last thing would be fuel pump and/or pressure regulator. I believe the regulator is replaceable separately but the fuel pump assembly comes with a new regualtor.

You can check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If good, then just a bad pressure switch.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Fuel Filter is cheap insurance but is a pain to change. Starboard side behind the catalytic convertor and above the starter.

The pressure switch is downstream (above the filter) and the harness comes out toward the transmission. Check those first. Could have came loose or unplugged while summerizing/winterizing.

Last thing would be fuel pump and/or pressure regulator. I believe the regulator is replaceable separately but the fuel pump assembly comes with a new regualtor.

You can check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If good, then just a bad pressure switch.
    Awesome! Thanks! Will be looking at this tomorrow.

Only question I have is regarding the last statement…checking fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Thanks again.

Modern fuel rails have strater valves on them. Should be one or 1 on each side that you can hook a gauge to. Common pressure is 60psi (~4 bar). Not sure on this motor. Never had to dive in this deep....yet. Hopefully it is just a loose connection or a broken wire and an easy fix.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Default 2017 SA 400 fuel pressure low code

Modern fuel rails have strater valves on them. Should be one or 1 on each side that you can hook a gauge to. Common pressure is 60psi (~4 bar). Not sure on this motor. Never had to dive in this deep....yet. Hopefully it is just a loose connection or a broken wire and an easy fix.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Did I outline the correct parts your referenced in this picture?

Attachment 30273

Yes, sir! I couldn't get that picture to post last night so thank you for understanding and being resourceful.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

In the contrary. Thank you!

I have a couple filters on order. Should be here Thursday. Hoping to get in there and check all connections and change filter.

Thanks again.

Man taking off the old filter was a trip!!!! I’m really hoping this will be the fix

I’ll keep you updated. Thanks again for your help!