Default Steering wheel controls not working.

I just took the boat in the get the transom camera fixed as It wasn’t working. Now we get the boat back, was going to play some music in the garage and none of the steering wheel buttons work. Does the engine need to be running for them to work or do I now have another issue. Thanks
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    I just took the boat in the get the transom camera fixed as It wasn’t working. Now we get the boat back, was going to play some music in the garage and none of the steering wheel buttons work. Does the engine need to be running for them to work or do I now have another issue. Thanks
    Sometimes the controls on the steering wheel become unpaired. You can turn the boat off then back on, might work, or go into to menus, unpair the controls then pair again. Happens every now and then.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Sometimes the controls on the steering wheel become unpaired. You can turn the boat off then back on, might work, or go into to menus, unpair the controls then pair again. Happens every now and then.
    I tried turning it off and back on and cycled the battery as well. No luck. Where on the menus would I find this? Thanks for the advice
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    I tried turning it off and back on and cycled the battery as well. No luck. Where on the menus would I find this? Thanks for the advice
    Look in your stereo menus, will say steering wheel controls or something like that. You should have an owners manual for the touch screens. I can find them while sitting in the boat, but not from memory. Sorry. Just look through all the menu settings.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

It looks like the vision manual is for 2020 and older as it has the old steering wheel pictured. With that being said the 2022 softwares device manager only shows Bluetooth. Which is strange because it looks like there shoold be another tab that says rf devices. That would be the one that I need. I’m at a loss on this.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

I just bought a 2022 SA450 with 58 hours on it. The previous owner just got the steering wheel replaced right before I purchased it. Supposedly it was glitching and the dealer was able to replicate it so they replaced it. I took the boat out twice and it worked great. Then on the 3rd time it stopped working mid day. I got on the forum and saw lots of suggestions for paring and unparing, making sure that your screens boot fully before starting, and looking for fuses. Non of that remedied the problem. I got down under the dash to look for a fuse and I noticed a gray wire running through the dash and into the steering wheel between the rubber flang around the neck and the wheel itself. Upon closer inspection I could see that the wire was wrapped around the yoke a bunch of times and I could see loose ends of wires hanging out.
    I took it into the dealership thinking they would just be able to take it apart and reattach the wires. They submitted a warranty claim with skiers choice and it got declined by skiers choice saying they just replaced it 2 months ago and it was my fault for pulling the wires out. To my knowledge no one pulled on that wire at all. Anyway, long story short, I don't want to pay $2000 for a new steering wheel when all that it needs is to have the wires reattached to the back. Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram for how it is suppose to attach? I have found a company here that does micro soldering that said they could easily do the work but they would need some reference to show them where to reattach the wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the steering wheel was not installed correctly.

In a car, the electrical connection/wiring is called a clock coil, I assume Supra powers the steering wheel similar.

When a wheel is installed, you have to make sure the clock coil (wiring) is centered so that you can turn the steering wheel full to the left and right (lock to lock).

If the wiring is not centered during install, one direction of rotation will be fine, but the other direction will over tighten the wiring and will break the wires.

I have the same wheel in my boat, I will look at mine tomorrow to see if I can see how the wiring is designed so that the wheel can rotate in both directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan