Default Summerizating Help

Since I have gotten such awesome offers of help here before, I wanted to see if anyone could walk me through getting my 04 Outback DD unwinterized. Ive always had a shop winterize it for me but the owner up and moved away, shuttering the doors. I understand the plugs need to go back in but I have no idea where they go and what else to look for to see if they did that too.
    Any advice, pictures, etc would really be appreciated. The kids want to rude and I have put them off as long possible. Plus, I want to be on the water myself

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Charge batteries prior to leaving for lake. Back down ramp, turn on master battery switch, if applicable, turn ignition key to crank.

See above post, then i always let mine idle a few minutes to make sure my new impeller is pumping water thru the engine,my oil pressure is good( I change oil at end of season) , make sure batteries are charging, no leaks from a plug being left out, trans shifts ok(another fluid change) then I just idle out from dock and do varying low speeds for about 5 minutes before I hammer down and the season is offically started for me.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    See above post, then i always let mine idle a few minutes to make sure my new impeller is pumping water thru the engine,my oil pressure is good( I change oil at end of season) , make sure batteries are charging, no leaks from a plug being left out, trans shifts ok(another fluid change) then I just idle out from dock and do varying low speeds for about 5 minutes before I hammer down and the season is offically started for me.
    Went out yesterday and did about exactly what you say, run for a few minutes, check everything, prime the ballast pumps then hit full send wakeboarding!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    Since I have gotten such awesome offers of help here before, I wanted to see if anyone could walk me through getting my 04 Outback DD unwinterized. Ive always had a shop winterize it for me but the owner up and moved away, shuttering the doors. I understand the plugs need to go back in but I have no idea where they go and what else to look for to see if they did that too.
    Any advice, pictures, etc would really be appreciated. The kids want to rude and I have put them off as long possible. Plus, I want to be on the water myself
    On your year Moomba, block plugs, 2 per side, they go on the block just above the oil pan, they are recessed in and have a square head, look at the block on each side and make sure they are installed, also if you have Ballast make sure the hoses are connected, typically they just drain the bags and reconnect the hoses, if you are a V drive you can remove the V drive cover and you should see a pipe with 1-3 valves on it and see the hoses. Chase them down - both V drive lockers and center will have bags if you have the G3 system. Do you have a heater? If so on those boats its installed behind the drivers seat and you will see the two hoses, 1 is supply, 1 is return, follow them to the engine and ensure its connected.

Other then that only other hose you should really check is the water intake hose off the bottom of the boat, look near the transmission you should see a 2" hose that goes to the front of your engine and this needs to be connected, normally they disconnect at the trans area to drain it and then reconnect it, but make sure. Also this is where you should see a valve at the bottom of the boat, this need to be turned to face the direction of the hose to allow water inlet. ( Note same for ballast system )

Double check Oil level, Trans level, V drive Fluid levels. All is good? Now you can put her in the water and as stated before, don't launch off the trailer, back it in and start her up and let her warm up and then you can launch, during the warm up open all your compartments and make sure no water or anything else is going on. Water in the bilge is fine as long as its from the drive shaft because you may or may not have a dripless seal.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You may also want to check your exhaust riser drain hoses, on my LSV they are a short hose that comes off the front of the riser and are connected together by a garden hose type fitting. When I winterize I disconnect them at the garden hose fitting to drain and then reconnect in the spring.

On mine I also remove the small bolt in the exhaust at the very back wall on port side of the boat. I usually get a small amount of water out when I winterize, I leave the bolt out during the winter and re-install in the spring.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I have the same problem :/ Reply from this topic don't work, any more suggestion?