Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what the 15.5x18 prop does. Ours has a 15.5x16.5 does excellent surfing, we run 400# lead and 5-10 adults on a good weekend.
    what is your altitude? we are at 2500-4800 depending on what lake, our dealer said the 15.5x15 was a must. anyone have numbers on RPM for surfing between the 16.5 and 15?
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Awe you aren't going to go peel the travel cover off and enjoy that feeling or the new boat smells?! Lol

Is your dealer close?
    I want it to be ready for pickup when I go! And not too far...1.5 hours. And with two lakes between them and me.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    what is your altitude? we are at 2500-4800 depending on what lake, our dealer said the 15.5x15 was a must. anyone have numbers on RPM for surfing between the 16.5 and 15?
    Funny how the dealer are adamant about a certain prop then the next dealer is the same about a different one. My closest lake is around 800' elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    We're at 500ft. Tell you the truth I cant remember what rpm its turning. Haven't been on the water yet this year so cant remember and not going to get to this weekend were flooded out We run about 10.8 mph though.
    2021 Makai

If you told your dealer you wanted an all around prop, then perhaps the 15.5x18 is the best from all things like cruising, top speed for sure, beginning wake surf and wake boarding.

Most here are hard core surfing with a few wakeboarders mixed in so pulling heavy crew, ballast and max wake potential requires lowering pitch and sacrificing top end.

You will figure out what works for what you need pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you told your dealer you wanted an all around prop, then perhaps the 15.5x18 is the best from all things like cruising, top speed for sure, beginning wake surf and wake boarding.

Most here are hard core surfing with a few wakeboarders mixed in so pulling heavy crew, ballast and max wake potential requires lowering pitch and sacrificing top end.

I agree with what Larry just said. You will find your best fit depending on what you do the most of.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

The boat was already selected with this prop- maybe it's a case of "it's great because it's already installed."
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

The prop is one of those things that will only be a problem once you get to a certain weight. I would just pay attention to how the engine runs when you're fully loaded. I think you'll be fine as you sit but if you start piling additional weight in the boat it's worth looking at. I'll let you know how it goes for me.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

I’m late to this thread , but wanted to add my congrats.

The Makai has so much presence on the ramp……it’s a huge boat and a head turner.

With annual price increases and interest rates on the rise (assuming you may finance ) , you may have picked a boat that you won’t grow out of ND will be easier to sell if you eventually do so, for close to the same cost !

That black is sweet !
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I’m late to this thread , but wanted to add my congrats.

The Makai has so much presence on the ramp……it’s a huge boat and a head turner.

With annual price increases and interest rates on the rise (assuming you may finance ) , you may have picked a boat that you won’t grow out of ND will be easier to sell if you eventually do so, for close to the same cost !

That black is sweet !
    Thanks! I appreciate the words. We are fired up. Should be on the water within the next 14 days , or less!
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade