Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Installing the 16.5 Friday and will go out this weekend and report back.
    Noticeable change with the 16.5. (Objectively) 35% better holeshot power with no ballast, 15% better with full load.

Ran into bad weather and a small mechanical issue (fill tube for front ballast popped off) so we will have some more time out today.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    13 hours in... misc. thoughts

- The prop discussed early in this thread (15.5 x eight) seems to be great (basically sea level elevation) with my normal crew + 2 adults. Pulls well out of the hole with a smooth top speed. Added 3 more adults and 3 teenagers (so, 8 people over 150 lbs) and seemed like with full ballast it didn't like full throttle starts or sharp turn pulling a 3 person tube (no ballast). It could hold speed, just seemed to be working really hard.

- Chilltech is pretty sweet, only gets super hot if the boat is sitting in the direct sun with no wind for 45min+, otherwise manageable

- Rear shade is a good idea, but since you "can't" drive with it up, I basically never use it

- Audio seems good right out of the box with minimal adjustments on the head unit

-I've got the rear wake maker upgrade but I've got to move the sensors up, so basically running stock ballast. I'll say that even being the case, I'm not unhappy with the wave. Looks great, just not quite enough push.

- I see why people buy thrusters...
    Did you use the Makai bags from wakemakers?

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    Did you use the Makai bags from wakemakers?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade